Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

Once I finally arrived at the warehouse. I was seething, anger pulsed through my veins. Once I find out who is behind this. They will die. I don't care if it was one person or twenty. They will all die by my hands. And I meant that.

I can't believe more than half of my employees are dead. It's going to be so difficult to replace them. It'll probably take months to be back in the position I was in before. I need people who I can trust to not rat me out to the police or get me caught. The last thing I need is the police on my trail again. People who will risk their lives the to work for me. Those types of people are hard to find.

What about Bryce? Is she even alive? Shit whoever slaughtered my team probably didn't even hesitate to kill her. Just great. Now I won't be seeing her anymore..I frowned at the thought.

But If there is a chance she's alive, a very slim chance it is. Then I'm going to take back what's rightfully mine. Why did I even leave tonight? I could've prevented this if I was there. No sane person would dare come near my warehouse with me in it.

I've rarely left the warehouse in these last few months. This one time I decide to go out they attack. How did they know I wasn't there? Not unless... they've been watching us this entire time. And waited until I was no longer there to strike. It would make sense.

I opened my glove compartment and grabbed my gun. I slid my pistol in the waistband of my jeans. I quickly exited my car and headed over to the entrance of the warehouse and my eyes widened slightly. In front of me was dead bodies scattered around the open space. I glanced at solemn Anton as he gathered the lifeless bodies of his former work team into a pile. From what I could see it looks as if someone shot them multiple times. Woman and men alike lay dead in front of me.

"Is this all of them?" I asked, my voice is grave. I wonder if I should contact their families.

Anton nodded. "Yeah I searched the premises and this is everyone I found." He finished and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"You have any clue who could've done this?" I sighed as I ran a hand down my face.

"No I don't but they left this by your office," He replied, while digging in his blue jean pocket. I furrowed my eyebrows as he handed me a photo. It's not until the photo is in my possession. My eyes narrowed into tiny slits.

It was the same photo someone stuck in my windshield months ago. The same photo that showcased me killing someone. On the back of the photo, a message is neatly scribbled.

You came for mine so I came for yours..it hurt doesn't it? Xoxo

"What's wrong Caine?" Anton asked and I wordlessly handed him the picture. My mouth set into a line, my fists clenched at my side. This is the last thing I need right now. I can never kick back.

He frowned at it before he focused his attention back on me. "What does that even mean?"

"Anton are you that fucking stupid?" I sighed in exasperation. I literally have to spell out everything for these idiots.

I take a deep breath to calm down. "Whoever killed all my employees and raided this place. Obviously is trying to get back at me for killing that man in the photo. Do you get it now?"