Chapter 17

Chapter 17

When I tell you that I didn't want to return back to my office. I really didn't. Cassandra talks too damn much and I never get any work done because of it. I slowly trudged to my office door and pushed it open. Why did I get stuck with the an annoying and emotional sister?

I mentally groaned when I see a familiar head of long blonde hair. She quickly turn around and narrowed her eyes at me. "I was talking to you and you just walked out on me without responding."

"That's because I didn't want to answer all your questions. You talk too much." I snapped as I stalked over to my desk and plopped down in my chair.

She frowned at me disbelief flickered across her features. "I love you and I want to be in your life so forgive me for prying." With that she stood up and stormed out of my office.

I shrugged. "Oh well I didn't ask you to do all that shit for me anyways," I muttered to the empty space where she sat. I popped open my laptop and started on my time sheet. I had way more important things to do than to worry about her hurt feelings. Hopefully, she won't bother me anymore. And I'm glad she caught the fucking hint.

I swear I stay in my office for 3-6 hours daily. It's like my 2nd bedroom which is why I have a mini fridge, drink bar, restroom and a flat screen in here. I spend so much of my time in this confined space. I had to make it comfortable. Today was a record I stayed in my office for a 8 straight hours. I had so much work to do and it had to be done. I'm just happy to finally be done for the day.

Shit, I might go out with the guys tonight. It was only 8pm so I had plenty of time. I rarely get any free time so when I have a moment to do it. I take advantage of it. I sent a quick text to the guys letting them know about us hanging out at 10.

I stood up and stretched out my stiff limbs before I put away all my important files. I still haven't fully put all my important information and files back into the warehouse just yet. I have every valuable item I own locked away at my remote location. Better safe than sorry.

I walked out my office door and began my regular routine to my bedroom to shower and get dressed. It was really convenient of me to move my bedroom closer to my office because now I won't have to walk such a far distance everyday.

I unlocked my door and strolled into the dimly lit room. I flickered on the light switch to brighten up the room up. I'm not surprised when I see Bryce sitting in my bed with my white t shirt and boxers on while reading a book. She glanced up at me briefly before she goes back to being engrossed in her novel.

"Look what the cat dragged in...seemed like someone had a long day." She snickered as she slammed her book shut. She met my eyes again as she raised a questioning brow.

I rolled my eyes as I loosened the tie from around my neck. "That what happens when you run a multi-million dollar business," I muttered while taking off my jacket. I threw it in my closet and began to rummage through my clothes for a decent outfit for the night. I really need to buy more casual clothing all I have is suits.

"I didn't know you ran a multi million dollar business? Wow I still don't see where I fit in this picture." She grumbled as she leaned back against my bed.

I stared at her strangely for a long moment. Her carefree attitude was surprising. "Someone is in a good mood. I guess you liked that I restocked the fridge and pantry?" I inquired as I pulled the dress shirt over my head.

She gave me a soft smile before responding. "Maybe"

I had to stop myself before I actually smiled back. What the fuck? I really need a cold shower. This sexual attraction is obviously getting to my head. I shook my head and continued to undress until I was down to my boxers.