Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-Five

*Bryce's P.O.V

I don't know how long I've been in this water. But it had to be for quite a while since the water was ice cold. Any warmth it once possessed had completely disappeared.

I tried to pep talk myself to take the first step out of this bath tub. But my body wouldn't move. It was paralyzed. My head rested against my knees, my arms hugged my legs to my chest.

As much as I tried to force my arms to move. They remained in the same place. Hot tears burned in the corner of my eyes. I blinked them back and took a deep breath.

I was stronger than this.

I've been through hell and back. I can survive this...Don't let them win. I'll be okay. I wished there was a way I could turn my feelings off. I wanted to forget them all especially the flashbacks that was attached to them. My eyes started to sting and I squeezed them shut.

"Aren't you a pretty little thing?" He cooed and ran his fingers through my blonde hair. I flinched back, inching away from his rough hands.

"She's the only pretty one Luna brought.. Did you see the other ones?" The man shuddered in disgust and his friend laughed loudly at his observation.

He nodded. "I know that's right. Imagine the fun we would have with her...." He trailed off and his cruel eyes roamed my entire body. I felt bile rise in my throat.

"I'm going to get the Iron Handle. I wonder how our names would look on her skin,"

I swallowed nervously, my heart was pounding in my chest. Why can't they leave me alone? Haven't I suffered enough? I will never catch a break. Please God don't let them try to kill me again. My bottom lip quivered slightly as these thoughts danced in my mind. I wanted to be safe away from these people. There's only so much pain I can handle.

"Why are you crying doll?" He asked me innocently, his fingers brushed against my cheek. My stomach clenched in fear and I didn't respond. The lump in my throat wouldn't allow me too.

"Answer me!"

"Answer me!"

"ANSWER ME!"

I whipped my head up and my eyes darted around the room urgently. They're not here Bryce. I let out a sigh of relief...I shakily wiped away the beads of sweat that formed on my forehead.

But they're still out there though. Tears welled up in my eyes and begged myself to not allow a single tear to fall.

I glanced at the edge of the tub through blurry eyes and snatched the already white damp towel. Almost brutally, I began to rub the filth off my skin despite being me absolutely clean on the outside.

I still felt dirty.

After spending another hour in the tub, I finally forced myself to get out of it. I wrapped a thin towel around me, soaking in all the water droplets that slid down my body. I shivered slightly once the cool air hit me. I hesitantly brought my eyes up to the mirror and stared at my broken reflection.