Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

It wasn't until an entire month later I was able to get back on my feet and began working again. When I tell you it felt damn good. It really did.

Being physically involved with my company makes it run way more smoother. Everything seems to be falling right into place. I'm almost healed completely so I don't have to worry about my injuries holding me back right now.

All I'm worried about is my company expanding into the United Kingdom. I'm going to be international and I'm going to make way more money. I swear nothing could get me out my good ass mood.

I whistled as I walked down the halls of my new renovated warehouse. I can't help but appreciate the new design of my warehouse. My floors are covered in push black carpet with completely glass ceilings and walls with metallic paint. It's a definite upgrade from what it used to be. I had originally planned on doing that a long time ago. But I ended up getting distracted and preoccupied.

I reached my office doors in no time. I pulled my key out my pocket and unlocked the door. I was almost completely inside before I felt something...actually someone run into me.

"What the fuck? Cassandra why the hell are you in my office. How did you even get in there?" I growled as she only tightened her arms around me.

"Caine I missed you!" She exclaimed into my chest and I grimaced. "Can you please release me? So we can talk like adults not children,"

She pulled back her brown eyes shone with sadness, her bottom lip quivered. "You're right. Let's go into your office."

She didn't wait for me to give her permission. She turned on her heel and plopped down in the chair that was opposite to my desk. I sighed she knew how to ruin my whole mood.

I walked over to the chair behind my desk and took a seat on the leather cushion."Why are you here?" I asked as I opened my laptop and logged into my domain.

"I wanted to see how you was doing that's all," She sniffled as she placed her hands on her lap.

"I'm fine Cassandra. The door is right there so you can exit," I told her, distractedly as I typed away on my laptop.

"Oh thanks for letting me know, but I'm not leaving yet," Cassandra replied as she crossed her arms over her chest. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Don't be loud,"

"Sooo how is life going?" She asked as she leaned up against my desk.

"Fine."

"Oh seriously?" She questioned with a raise of her brow.

"Yes," I said monotonously as I signed off a new contact. I definitely need to send this off as soon as possible. I have to make sure I put this somewhere I can easily reach.

"You're so boring Caine," She groaned. "I would have more fun talking to a wall."

"Okay how about you do that then," I suggested with a dismissive wave.

"Oooooo Caine! Caine!" She exclaimed as she tapped on my shoulder excitedly.

"Damn what girl?" I asked irritatedly as I dropped my pen on the desk and gave her my full attention.