Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

Maybe Dr. Harrison was right, it has been virtually impossible for me to be calm. I can't help it. My employees are so hardheaded. The nicer I am the more they don't listen. That's not what we're not going to do because I'm not going to lose money because of my hard headed employees.

I gazed up at the ceiling blankly as I thought about my entire situation. I ran a hand down my face as a sigh escaped my lips. I've been in this room for four whole days and I already felt aggravated as fuck. I wanted everything to go back to the way it was. Being in this cramped up room is driving me insane.

"So when will I get something to eat?"

I slowly sat up in the hospital bed as my eyes landed on Bryce, who sits on a small couch positioned near to my bed. A chain is located around her ankle so she won't escape. She is dressed in one of my long black tee shirts and a pair of my boxers. She looks way more healthier, her blonde hair looks sleek, her green eyes is twinkling. I've even seen her smile and laugh a few times. Overall, she looks fine as hell. I guess that's what happens when I'm not around.

"As soon as your bestfriend comes in and bring it to you." I muttered. She immediately glared at me as she caught onto to what I said.

"Alyssa is not my bestfriend."

I ignored her as I reached for my laptop that is on the wooden desk near the bed. I logged in and began checking the process of how my company is going along through the website. I checked my statistics and numbers.

I earned 3 million in just 2 days? How did that happen? At this rate, I will be able to expand my company. I won't have to be U.S based anymore.

My eyebrows rose in shock. "Wow maybe I should get almost killed more often.."

"I agree. Maybe they can get you for real this time."

I kept my eyes on my laptop as I scrolled up and down the the homepage. "I would like to see them try." I snorted at that absurd thought. No one would be able to defeat me. I will have them killed before that thought even crossed their mind.

I felt Bryce's eyes on me for a full 45 minutes, watching my every movement. I attempted to finish the email to Mr. Newton in Thailand, regarding a meeting between us about stationing at one of his branches. But I couldn't focus with her staring me down like this.

I made eye contact with her. Her emerald eyes bored into mine. "Damn may I help you?" I snapped as I slammed my laptop shut. I will have to pick up where I left off when she go to sleep. I can't even check on my company in peace without her watching me.

"I'm just bored." She smiled lazily while standing up to stretch her stiff limbs. "Why don't you have a television or at least a bookshelf of books somewhere in here,"

"Well most people who are in this room are either dead or dying."

"Which one applies to you?" She asked happily, her eyes full of hope.

"Neither I got lucky," I remarked and the smile disappeared from her face. She plopped back on the sofa. Her small blanket slide on the floor and she reached a hand out to retrieve it. "Damn it, maybe next time." She muttered to herself.