Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

"What are we going to do Caine? We can't have the police on our trail." Anton stressed anxiously, while pacing back and forth. I rolled my eyes as I leaned further into my chair.

Taking a long drag of my cigarette, I relinquished in the calming sensation it gave me. I didn't want Anton to see that I was actually a little more bothered than I'd like to admit.

We found out earlier that it was an undercover cop following us when we took that trip to slaughter the sisters that owed me money. According to my inside source, they are starting to lead the murder back to me. But they don't have strong evidence to pin it on me.

But still, that's a strong enough for them of a lead to get a search warrant for my warehouse. Which is why I made sure all my guns, drugs etc were all completely removed including Bryce. It was hidden in a secret, remote location where no one knew about especially those stupid ass policemen. All those things could definitely put me behind bars. I don't need anything getting in my way, of making money.

"Anton I told you I took care of them, alright?" I huffed, annoyed with his constant whining.

"Well I can't help it Caine, unlike you. I'm not made to be in prison." He grumbled with a glare.

"Yeah I know. You're just being a little bitch. Stop worrying about this. You're getting on my nerves," I snapped. I'm trying to get my mind off this, not be reminded it of all day. Especially, after the stunt that was pulled at the club. I was woken up at 7am by an employee that worked at Club Ace or whatever the hell it was called because somebody robbed us. Too bad for that Bianca chick. She lost her life and her car.

"Well I'm not trying too, I'm just thinking of the consequences that's all." He reasoned with nod of his head. I ignored him as I continued to pack up all my important belongings. It wasn't long before I heard the slam of my bedroom door and disappearing footsteps. Welp it look like someone is a little sensitive today. He should've known he signed up for a dangerous job.

Just when I thought I was going to get some peace and quiet. I hear a light knock on my door only seconds later.

"It's open," I yelled, while turning around a scowl appearing on my face by the disturbance. 

A tall darkskin man stood at the door with a grimace. His brown eyes filled with worry. I frowned. "What are you doing here?"

Mayhem rarely stopped by unless he was delivering bad news. He always was trying to look out for me. I was dreading what he had to say. He was once a fellow employee of mine until he branched out and came out with his own business, a law firm to be exact. He didn't want to do dirty business anymore since he had his own family to look after now. He didn't want to put them in danger he once told me. He's someone who I actually trust, because he was reliable and dependable. Sometimes, I wished he didn't make by that decision because I could use his assistance right now.

"Remember how I told you a few investigators was planning on getting a search warrant for your warehouse by next week? Well, it turns out they have one for tomorrow. I didn't hear about the news until today. I suggest you ditch this place. You think you have everything figured out...but they're smarter. They have new software that could get you arrested. Fast." He warned with urgency.

I sighed as I plopped down on my bed. "Shit, what am I going to do?" I mumbled to myself, running a hand through my hair. Now I got more work to do. Great.

"Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it." I gave him a tight tipped smile.

"Be smart Caine, don't underestimate them," He stressed to me, like he knew something I didn't.