Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four

I observed the two phone numbers side by side. Both were Luna's except for the fact, that the number her father had in his mobile phone and the number I was provided from her file was out of service. One had a New York area code and the other had a California area code. My guess is Luna was never in New York in the first place. It was obviously a cover up.

She is very smart..I'll give her that. But I'm smarter. Even if she hadn't sent those notes or photos. I would've figured out who tried to sabotage me. Sooner or later. It would've taken some time because I have a lot of enemies. But I still would've traced it back to her. I have so many connections. It was only a matter of time. I hope she's ready to live her last moments on this Earth before I kill her.

I dialed the number that I found in his home phone. I vaguely remember him saying that she called him. Which is why I had to sneak in his house. I needed to reach her. I only had the power to tap into their mobile devices not their home phones. She must have been planning this for a while. Let's see if she pick up.

I brought the phone up to my ear and listened to it ring for a few times before I heard a familiar feminine voice on the other end. "Who is this?"

"Guess who?" I taunted playfully, my lips curved into a smirk. I don't know why, but I'm excited for all this to be done and over with. Hell, I have wasted too much time on this shit. I leaned against my leather seats as I watched her father's house from across the street. Only his living room window was lit up, indicting that he is in that particular room.

It was only me in the truck since I told Alyssa to go back to my remote location. This was something I wanted to do alone. I can't do that if she's ogling me and zoning out.

"Look who finally connected the dots! I'm surprised you figured it out this quickly. I thought I had more time! You were always so behind you know," Luna exclaimed. I grimaced slightly. Her voice is even more annoying over the phone. It's time to cut to the chase. Enough chit chat.

"Yeah just like how I'm going to be behind your father when I slit his throat," I laughed darkly. Let's see if you like that?

Suddenly it was quiet.. complete utter silence on the other end.

For a second I thought she hung up but then she responded. "Caine if you know what's best for you won't touch my father. You already killed my biological father don't kill my adoptive one too," Her voice was cold as ice. Any trace of playfulness disappeared. Looks like I hit a nerve. Guess she didn't like my joke.

Biological father? Who would've thought I had a half sister? So I'm technically related to this bitch. Just what I wanted to hear...Good thing I have no problem with eliminating anything that will get in my way.

I found my leverage. I bet she wished she could have protected her father and sabotage me at the same time. But she can't, after watching this boring ass old man. I've come to the conclusion that he probably wouldn't even leave if she asked him to.

"Why not? I'd love to kill anything that once loved my father especially someone whose shares his blood. You crossed the line. It's only fair if I watch the life drain out of his eyes," I told her nonchalantly, unaffected by her tone.

"Do you really want to do that Caine? If you kill my father..I will find you and kill you myself. But then again you don't have much to lose anyways," She hissed. I clenched my teeth in anger. I can't wait until I finally kill her. She's really testing my patience.