Epilogue

Epilogue

Everything just seemed so joyous. Dragonite had helped us get Beedrill and Misdreavus out of that terrible cave. Misdreavus' power had been restored. Everything was good.

"I can't believe how amazing this feels." I said quietly to Misdreavus. The two of us sat alone on a long in the path to the ruins.

She smiled. "I know." she said. "It's like... happiness was just injected into the air." she said back to me. Then it came to me. "Misdreavus, you've always acted sorta funny around me. Why?"

She looked shocked at this, but eventually replied. "I've kept trying to tell you, but everyone always interupts. Listen, Charlie, when I first saw you, I don't know why, but you just seemed... different. I'd always been stuck in that same old forest for my whole life because I was scared of what might be outside. When I found out about your secret, I was fighting with myself inside my head. It was just so... weird, but I still had feelings for you that I couldn't keep away."

She looked at me longingly. "Do you think it's weird?" she asked me. I knew about her power to tell if someone was lying.

"Nothing is weird to me." I said honestly. Misdreavus smiled at this. "Oh, good... But even though I don't want to leave you, I don't think I'm cut out for this adventure." she said.

I was puzzled at this. Not cut out? And why was she telling this to me now? Right after she told me she had feelings for me!? "Listen," said Misdreavus, "after everything we've been through, I've realized it's just too much for me. Maybe I'll just go on my own little adventures here in Johto. It would be better for me."

I nodded. "I understand. We have a lot to do, and I don't want to do it either, but I have to." I said to her softly. Then out in the distance, I heard a "Hey guys, we have a ride to Unova!" I turned to see it was Beedrill waving to us. "Better go." I said bluntly.

Misdreavus and I walked back to Violet City to see what was going on. "Dragonite just offered to fly us to Unova!" shouted Butterfree happily as we arrived.

Then Dragonite spoke up. "Yep. It's gonna take a couple days, so you-" He pointed to me. "-should probably close your eyes. Also, we'll stop in Sinnoh to take a break before we make our next flight." he said.

My heart sank. Oh, great. We were flying. For a couple days. Not good for me. "Oh, yeah. It's all good." I lied. Misdreavus rolled her eyes.

"Then it's settled!" shouted Dragonite happily. "We'll all get prepared, and then we'll get to it! Alright, everyone rest for tonight. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow." he finished off.

Indeed it was, and my journey was far from over.

The End!