Chapter 2: Earlier

Chapter 2: Earlier

[Two days before...]

I woke up to a very quiet house. Yes, quiet. I liked that. There were three of us, (and a Lillipup)

I got out of my bed and got dressed. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. A small, ten-year-old boy with black hair and brown eyes looked back at me. I smiled. Perfect.

I walked out of my room and went downstairs. Pecha and I slept in seperate rooms on the secend floor while my mom slept on the first floor. It was an average-sized house, big enough for the three of us, plus a Lillipup.

As I walked downstairs, my Lillipup, Brownie, ran to my legs to greet me. On the radio, some people were talking about some pokemon. "-and apparently, this special pokemon has been sighted in the Unova region, but you can't find-" But the guy was interrupted.

"Hey, Charlie." came Pecha's voice from the living room, which was right beside the kitchen. "Looks like you finally woke up!" said my mother, looking up from the breakfast she was making.

"What's up, guys." I said, plopping my self down on a couch near Pecha. She was watching the Pokemon Channel. They were doing a documentory about a pokemon called Poliwag, which I knew all about, but I loved this channel anyways.

"Did you know that the swirl on Poliwag's stomach rotates in a different direction than Poliwhirl's or Poliwrath's?" Pecha asked me without looking. I laughed. "Of course I know that." I said back.

She rolled her eyes. "You know, on the radio, they were talking about a legendary pokemon appearing in the Unova region. Henry was talking about helping me catch a pokemon." she said.

That caught my attention. Not the legendary pokemon part, but the getting a pokemon part. "What!? Henry said he would do that!?" I asked her insanely. Pecha nodded. "I could try and make him get one for you if you want." she said with a grin.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Yeah! Thanks, Pecha!" I said excitedly. I couldn't wait to get a pokemon. My own pokemon! Talk about awesome! For the rest of the show, I was just deep in thought. I could go on an adventure.

After eating a quick breakfast, I went outside to take a stroll. Many kids were playing on the playground with their pokemon. Soon, I could join them! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

I had always wanted to be a pokemon trainer. My father had went off to be a pokemon trainer, and he was successful too. But one day, he disappeared, never to be seen again. No one knew what had happened. He had just vanished from existence, it seemed.

And I was planning to take over for him, be a trainer like he was. I would be a pokemon master. I would fill the hole he created when he vanished.

But that was then, and I had no idea what was going to happen to me ever so soon. No one had any idea what was going to happen to me.

But it would happen the day I got that pokemon.