Chapter 2: Welcome to Maine

"Clara!" called Amanda from the front door. "I have to get you kids to school!" both Clark, who is permanently 18 and myself who is 17, can drive. It was our first day of school though and Amanda has become the nearest thing we have to parents. Amanda is forever 35 and her husband Scott is 37. "trust me i've been ready" Clark says bounding down the stairs in his usual fashion. If you've ever seen a image of superman's Clark Kent then you'd be surprised how similar that Clark and our family's Clark appear. He's tall, and well-built, with dark black hair.

"I can't wait!" i said excitingly, jumping down two steps at a time. We haven't gone out much since our move and school was gonna be our first test at how well we could control ourselves. I walked through the kitchen to get to the garage and stopped to talk to my 'dad' Scott.

"what are you reading?" i questioned, it was a letter from somewhere in Washington.

"what, oh it's a letter from an old friend. It seems he's gotten into quite a mess with the Volturi." he laughed "Amanda and I might have to leave for a while, to help my friend Carlisle from Forks." Scott ran a hand through his Irish red hair. His surname Ó Dálaigh is the one that we use for our family. Though only Scott is really Irish. He was an emigrant  in 1845 during the potato famine.

"What did he do?" Clark asked.

"He didn't do anything. It's really his son thats got the trouble, but the whole Cullen family's involved." He laughed again "It really is a surprising problem."

"Anyway!" Amanda intervened "Time for school, get in the car. ill leave it their and walk to work so you guys can drive home." Our family has plenty of money, but working keeps us busy and Amanda loves to be busy. The drive to school wasn't bad, but it was long. we live on the outskirts of town and going the speed-limit isn't fun.

"tomorrow i think i'll run to school." Clark whispered.

"who are the Cullens, have Clark or i ever met them?" Amanda looked at me and then back at the road.

"Their another coven sweetie they call themselves the Olympic Coven cause of where their located and no you've probably never met any of them, but i here they have two more people who  joined them since i last talked with them, so maybe."

We pulled up to the school, which was a group of smaller building in a general area. "let's go Clara I can See the Office." We both got out of the car while Amanda parked. This school is small so students have assigned parking spots. Ours is in the back with four unused spots around it (one of which is for my own car)

"Hello!" i said smiling at the man at the front desk. he looked younger than my mom maybe in his mid 20s. He smiled warmly, almost flirtatiously at me. It was funny and probably not aloud for him to be flirting with students.

"how can i help you...two" he paused noticing my 'brother'. Clark seemed to have noticed the 5 second flirt because he answered.

"Hi! im Clark Ó Dálaigh and this is my Sister Clara Ó Dálaigh. we're new and would like our schedules, please." We look nothing alike, except for our eyes that are both gold. most people don't ask questions thought.

After he had given us all of our information i fluttered my eyelashes on my way out the door saying "thank you." We'd gotten to the school in plenty of time and were able to watch student roll in on buses and from cars. The back where our mom parked her porsche 911 is still empty.

"How many people do you think is gonna notice mom's car on the way out." he asked leaning down from his height of 6'5"

"to many to drive though, that is if they like cars." The day went slowly until lunch. I have foreign language with Clark which is nice, we're both taking Spanish 3. Seeing Clark use his powers at lunch was fun. Clark can plant thoughts into people heads, kind of like someone was whispering in your ear. Him and Amanda both have special abilities even for vampires. Amanda can tell when someone she cares about is hurt, emotionally or physical. she calls it her extreme mother intuition.