Chapter 13

I looked myself over one more time at the floor length mirror in my bathroom. The bathroom is white, almost entirely. This of course was decorated by Amanda, but little hints of blues and greens add an essence of nature to the otherwise sterile room. I've never used this room for very much, make-up and wardrobe mostly.

With a steady hand I ran the eyeliner lightly to create a cat's eye shape. Careful not to smudge as it dried. I usually never used make-up, because of a vampire's natural beauty. However it felt like the proper time. The satin dress was a dark purple, sparkling rhinestone shimmered, and my strawberry colored hair hung behind me loosely, reflecting an older time.

"How can you be so calm," Danny almost yelled as he made his way into the room. "He could've, could've..."

"killed me," I quizzed "In my own home? Surrounded by my family? He was just here to show off the fact that he could come and go as he pleased. Also that he found the secret of the wolves." I fixed his crooked tie and clipped on silver earrings, since I had never pierced my ears, such things were not approved by my parents of the past.

"Secret of the Wolves," Danny seemed curious "What secret?"

"Alice can not see into the wolves future," I shrugged  "probably a good thing." I twirled around to pull him from the room before he could press on what was so good about it.

My brothers engine, no matter how silent, could be heard coming up the long drive. His headlights cut through the darkness as he rode up. "Clark!" I yelled out the window loud enough for Celia to turn her head and smile up at me. I waved, and turned to go downstairs.

"Nice way to present yourself Ms.Débutante." His demeanor seemed to have lifted, I smile to Jasper as he walked by, giving me a knowing smile.

"I'm no Débutante," I defended "since I never went to a Débutante ball."

"What are you then?" he teased.

"I'll be a very upset girlfriend if we don't get to talk to Celia, now come on." I laughed.

All the women of the house, along with Celia seemed to have dressed up for the occasion. Alice wore a short dress, it was elegant on the top being just black. The closer it became to the bottom the more vibrant colors began to glow, like fireworks.

Amanda was wearing a suave long dress, it was a heavy Scarlett featuring goldtrim on the sleeves and down the cleavage line, though it didn't run very long. She walked over to embrace Clark and Celia as they walked through the doors.

"wow." Celia said under her breath, smiling as she entered the home. It had never occurred to me that my parents had decorated the house, mostly likely with Alic's help.

"Where did Esme go?" I asked Jasper as he walked into the room behind us, keeping a distance from Celia. I decided that  I would also. The wind was continuing to blow fairly strongly outside creating an issue.

"Esme and the wolves are back at their homes." I raised an eyebrow.

"When did they leave for forks?"

"Only the wolves are, or goinng home. There probably only at the airport by now, and Esme is meeting Carlisle at their home in Lubic. Esme mentioned she wanted to spend some time there." he smiled, clearly happy that Esme and Carlisle were spending some time on their own.

"Hi Danny, Clara." Celia said, walking up to us. She was wearing jeans and a long sleeve, black shirt. The dried dirt on her shoes and heavy jacket showed that they had spent the day outside.

"Celia, if you want I think I have a dress in your size." Alice used a tone of nice-command. She had defiantly noticed the young girls embarrassment standing next to us. "Clark you should get cleaned up too." as they began to turn for the stair we heard her murmur "and someone tell lover-boy about Xavier's visit."

Clark's face turned stern, and he sent a glance towards me, his face unreadable. "Come Clark, I will tell you about our... guest." Scott took Clark's arm, guiding him down the hall toward Scott's office.

I sighed, and moved to the kitchen, watching the last of the sunset sink below the trees to wear it vanished. "Après la pluie, le beau temps," Amanda said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I had heard her say this many times, but had no desire to look for it's meaning.

"Every cloud has a silver lining. My dear you have seemed so tired, like a weight is on your shoulders, you have no need to rest physically, but you spirit is exhausted." she looked sad, and I realized that her ability to feel for those who she cared for had been picking up on my distress.

"How do your powers work Amanda?" she looked at me and seemed to find this question to be out-of-the-blue.

"Well," she began "I suppose i've always had a special bond with people, even in life when those around me were gone I remanded to watch them. Such as when my family died so long ago, I never wanted to leave their side even when it was clear they weren't going to make it."

"You're a strong women." I pleaded "of course you wouldn't leave them."

She smiled at my compassion "If only my dear, but  I've just had a problem with letting people go. When my first husband died, it was only after I became a vampire that I ventured from the town, out of fear that I would hurt more of my community."

"So," she continued "I was given the ability to tell how someone feels, their emotional and physical state, seemingly no matter where they are. However the person must allow me to know them, to become their friend, wife, mother or there is almost no chance of me finding them, or helping them with my abilities even if their just a few miles away."

"Now, my dear we should get back Celia and Clark will be back soon, lets get to the living room."

We walked into the white room. and was crowded around Celia. "How is she taking it?" I heard Amanda ask Scott.

He looked over to her "Our son being a vampire? She seems to be taking it well, being in a home full of vampires? A little less well, shes nervous, frigidity but that will pass."

Celia had changed into a copper dress, similar to the shade of vegetarian vampires eyes. Her dark hair had been straighten and she wore her glasses, still the same as the beginning of the year. The room was growing quite.

"So has Clark asked you to prom yet?" I asked to break the ice. Celia let out a laugh of embarrassment.

"Not yet." she said, her voice was shaky, showing her embarrassment and nervousness.

"Clara," Clark crossed his arms in disapproval, but I wasn't about to let the conversation die when I had just gotten to the room. "There's a time and a place to say something like that." he nagged, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm sure," I retorted.

"You two are graduating soon, aren't you?" Danny asked, allowing the topic to shift.

"Yes, in about two weeks actually. You all should come." Celia smiled, at least she was trying to be nice and not running away scared of a house full of vampires, well and one werewolf.

"We wouldn't miss it." Alice replayed. The night carried on much like this; we should Celia more of our home that Clark had not already shown her when no one else was around, she asked us many questions about vampires, some easier to answer than others, and there was not another sighting of Xavier.

It was only when Things quietened down did the problem again arise. Celia was being brought home, Danny left for his own abode, both Jasper and Alice had moved into a rental a few days before, and my parents decided to hunt before their work the next day. This left me alone, the only question was what did the red-eyed vampire want now.