Chapter 3

I tapped my foot impatiently on the white tiled floor while I waited for my parents, they had gone to Fork, Washington. Surprisingly so had I, of course we didn't go at the same time. Scott and Amanda had gone a while back to help with the family little problem with the Volturi. Alice had called us up about a week ago, saying that the Volturi were heading back to Italy, but demanded that they meet the rest of our Coven. Oh how i hate that word, Coven, it implies no sympathy, no compassion, we were more that a Coven, always had been, we were a family.

I chewed my nail, turning in time just to catch Clark playing 5-secent flirt with a flight attendant clearly just getting off work. "she's suppose to be older than you," I said elbowing my brother, who only appeared around 18 or 19.

"She's kinda cute." he said teasing "Besides sis, 'The course of true love never did run smooth." he said, quoting Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. I just rolled my eyes, she was at least 30. I could see why she was appealing to him, she had a rich Carmel skin tone, and dark hair and eyes, Clark had always preferred a more exotic look.

"Don't get any ideas, we're waiting for a cab and then it's off to Forks," I said pulling him along and finally getting a cab to pull over. There weren't a lot of them, but it helped that I practically stepped into the street. "Hey do you know where this is?" I questioned the driver, handing him the  address scribbled into the folded paper.

"Yeah, it's real far away though miss." He looked at me behind thick, dark shades. His voice was harsh, scruffy. "ya running away?" he asked.

"I'm not the type to run away." i retorted, leaning downing into the car "why wouldn't I just take a plane anyway?" i said cocking my head in the airports direction, he shook his head.

"Don't know, it's just you'd be surprised how many kids disappeared a while back." I almost laughed, Scott told me about that a vampire that went after the Cullen's with a bunch of New Borns, it reminded me of Maria's army.

Clark and i spent the long car ride in silence, I'm sure the driver thought we were nuts. We were almost there when my phone rang, pulling it out i had no idea who was calling. i held my phone over to Clark "it's dream boy." he said cackling, it took me a moment until I realized what he meant.

"It's not the kid from lunch," i groan, Clark gave me a smile of pure trickery. I pulled the phone out "Hello?" i asked, using the most innocent, charming voice i could muster.

"Hi Clara? It's Danny." he sounded nervous "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out, that is" he stuttered "if you're not busy." I looked at my brother knowing he could hear the conversation.

I sighed "I totally would love too, but I'm in Washington. Like the state, family trip. Mind if i call you back?" there was a silence, he was trying to figure out if i was lying. "I promise I'll call back." i said, almost to flirtatiously for my tastes.

"OK," he gave up "talk to you later." he hung up, allowing me to hit my brother in the arm.

"you dolt!" i yelled, he just smiled as we passed the 'welcome to forks' sign. We didn't speak again until we were at the Cullen's. I payed the cab driver and waved him on leaving Clark and I alone for the walk up the Cullen's home. Clark and I went faster that any human and it took a short time to reach their door, I knocked and saw a flash past the window.

Jasper opened the door and I felt myself pulled forward and embraced by my older brother. We had continued to talk since he had left Maine, but seeing him in person, knowing he was alive, it was wonderful. I breathed in his scent, no matter how much vampirism changed him I could still smell the home that I thought I'd long since forgotten. From the fresh-cut wood, to the long stocky grasses and summer sun.