Chapter 8: Revelation

Danny and I sat on a rocky outcrop facing the sea, light darted in between tree creating a crystal effect flash my skin. He looked down, and it was  obvious he wasn't used to it. The waves below splashed just high enough that we could feel the salt-melded water kiss out feet, without drenching them.

This was a jumping point for the few brave enough to collided with the ocean for sport. I saw a few of the natives, and even some tourist crash into the foam beneath, all coming back up. It was clearly safe, and yet the very idea of jumping off a ledge just to see if you survive sounds stupid, and dangerous.

Danny kissed the top of my head, my thick curls almost concealing his face. "I don't think we've done this in a while," he was talking about how both of our families have been awaiting Xavier's return. It has been a few weeks, and the idea of him coming back was fading.

"Your right," I cuddled deeper into his shoulder, we have become almost immune to each others scents, though our friends and family have yet to do the same. "we have been so busy lately."

I looked up at him, he was thinking hard about something, mulling it over. "Listen, I was thinking maybe you should join me and the pack this weekend, we're going camping."

"seriously," I was surprise, since the closet I've come to meeting his pack was Jenna, Blake's imprint. She was also a total witch, but whatever "sure Danny, sounds fun." He seemed excited so I just let the topic drop, switching to another.

"Hey I've been meaning to ask you a question," I looked up at him again, he watched patiently. "If you and Blake are brothers, whats with the two different names."

"Different moms, same dad." he said simply "Blake's mom and my dad had a  really short relationship. It was Blake that got them married, and a guy in Detroit got them divorced. After Blake turned 15 and, well, the whole Wolf thing happened Charlotte -his mom- sent him to live with my dad and his wife Hailee... and me."

"So Hailee's your mom?"

"Hailee's my mom, and she's coming with tomorrow."

"and why is that?" I quizzed.

"cause we're all suppose to bring our mates, if we have one." he hugged me again, pressing tight on my shoulders "wanna go for a swim?" he motioned down to the water.

"not in this outfit, Alice will kill me."

"Oh and speaking of different names, how come you changed yours Whitlock was so pretty." I smiled, and would've blushed if I could. I told him my real surname a week ago, and he was still teasing me.

"When are we leaving?" I was also getting excited, well just a little.

"Tonight, think you can get away?" he stood and took my hand, pulling me up like always.

"I won't have a problem with it, so dose Hailee know I'm coming?" I elbowed him playfully.

"Yea, unless she wasn't listening when I explained it and before you ask, she knows about wolves."

"Do the others, except for Jenna." He shook his head, which meant everyone was going to be on their best behavior. Something to look forward to.

Everyone was meeting at Blake's house, we were gonna follow him after that. Amanda and I have had a conversation about Danny, she told me that as long as there wasn't any trouble then it was fine. That was the same with seemingly everyone in the family, except for Jasper and Clark their getting really weird about the whole thing.

Honey be careful tonight, if you get them mad..." Amanda trailed off "Chassez le naturel, il revient au galop." aw, she has told me this before. 'whats bred in bone will come out in the flesh'.