Chapter 11

I slipped into the camps as the first people were beginning to come out of their tents "good morning." I waved to the still drowsy campers. The ground crunched under my feet. Although it's summer it was early enough that frost on the ground was just thawing, so maybe five in the morning.

The girls I had met the previous night were also just getting up, Other than Jenna I had spent time with Lauren, Sasha, and Maria. They were all just starting to pull things together as I neared the camp. Instead of packing up like some of the other campers they were getting ready for the day. since the previous night was so crowded everyone was taking their time today for hikes, swimming, whatever.

Maria was pulling her hair into her recognizable ponytail when I ducked into the tent. "Hey." She  smiled at me before grabbing her finishing touch, a pair of glasses. "What are you and Danny doing today?" I shrugged.

"I don't camp often." I pulled a change of clothes from the bag, they were jean shorts and a light emerald-colored tank-top. I could hear someone coming and so waited a moment before changing.

"Can I come in?" it was Jeff, and  -like always- he ducked in before we answered. "Clara your brother called just a little while ago, he said he's bringing his girlfriend over tonight so not to stay out all night with Danny." he finished his report with a wink, although I'm sure that what the wink intended to mean, was not what my brother meant.

"It's a good thing you said you were coming in Jeff," I held up the clothes "I was just about to change."

He smiled "to bad." his playful laughter met an end as a pillow hit his face.

"Jeff, you have no respect for women." Maria yelled, but she honestly didn't seem upset she was joking around with him.

"Snow, are you ready to go?" He asked, Maria stood and didn't even respond to the nickname.

"What are we doing today?" she asked crossing her arms.

"Swimming -by the way Clara Danny's taking you down later- then I thought you and I could go for a hike, I want to tell you something." he looked at me and I gave him a look of reassurance knowing what he was going to tell her.

"OK. Sounds like fun." She grabbed his hand to pull him out of the tent and sent me a good-bye wave. I saw a flush of red across Jeff's face as they left. I quickly pulled out a hot-red bikini to wear under my clothes, why not looking a little daring?

Still as I  made my way over to the boys tent I couldn't help but remember everything that happened the night before. Something else that caught my eye was the sun. It gleamed behind thin clouds and I wondered if it would make an appearance.

Danny met me outside the tent. In fact almost everyone was crowded there to discuss their days. "Hey Clara," Lauren called "do you want some breakfast?" Lauren was a girl with bouncy curls similar to Rosalie's , but she had a muscular frame, and clearly had a broken knows once in her life. Lauren was also captain of the high school's track team.

"No thank you." Still Lauren handed me a tray with toast and bacon. She gave me the look that a mother would give a picky child.

"Listen I'm the senor and if there's anything I learned in four years of track it's that you need energy" When I grabbed the plate from her she smiled.

"wants some?" he took one of the pieces of bacon, and. I grabbed a piece of toast, resting the tray to my left. I played with the crust of the bread before taking a bite, I noted Danny smiling trying not to laugh since almost everyone else was completely oblivious to my usual diet.

I gave Danny the rest and spit out the piece of toast as the group began to head for the river. "Not a fan of toast?" Danny teased, leaning down to kiss me.