Chapter: 15

Sitting on the bed, I uncurled my hands to reveal an old photo. It must've been black and white, but with time had slowly turned a yellowing gold. I sighed, trying to remember when it must've been taken, but I couldn't and from the earlier events I think I knew why. It was a picture of Xavier and surprisingly, me.

"So it did happen," I tucked my knees up to my chin, and tried hard to remember anything about Xavier from before this year. Nothing came to mind, and for some reason that made me mad. How could they not tell me? What was so bad it was worth keeping a secret exactly? That he left me alone, or that I became a vampire?

"Clara!" it was Alice, she called from the large window that Xavier had made his door-way into our home not long ago.

"Come in Alice!" I called back. She jumped through the window, landing soundlessly by the dark-wood dresser. "Did you have a vision?" Alice still hadn't been seeing anything about my future, it was clearly starting to scare her.

"Still nothing, and I'm starting to fear it's not just Danny's fault." she huffed, moving to sit with me on the bed "Although I did hear the conversation with your brothers and Xavier." she pulled my hand away to reveal the picture "That's a nice photo, look how happy you two are." she smiled, and took my hand into hers.

"Alice, I don't know what to do. I'm living on a edge of madness." I sighed, trying to relax but failing miserably "it's just all to much."

"So run away," she suggested, and at first I didn't think she was serious "you can stay with my family for a while if you like." she smiled, and embraced me like a sister.

"That's kind of you Alice, and probably a good idea. I do need to get away, but perhaps somewhere Jasper can't find out about."

"There's Isle Esme. It's and Island that Bella and Edward went to on their honeymoon. It's was a gift from Carlisle to Esme a number of years ago. I don't think he'd check there." she suggested.

"No, I can't go somewhere any of you know about. Even you Alice I'm afraid Jasper would convince one of you to talk." I got up and crossed the room to the dresser. Pushing a few things away I pulled out a phone number and directions.

"What are those?" Alice asked, also getting up from the bed.

"Instructions from a long time ago, in case I ever needed to disappear like this." I held up the paper for her to read "I guess I'll get to see an old friend again." I smiled, hugging Alice I made my way to the window.

"What about Danny?" that made me stop, but only for a moment. It made me shake with concern, but only on the inside. I knew I was scarred of how Danny would react to my sudden disappearance, so I'd been thinking of it since Alice suggested running away.

"My brother's erased my memories, right," I wasn't asking a question, although Alice nodded. "Then as a parting gift, tell them to erase his."

As I leaped from the window and began to run from my home thoughts circulated through my head. What was going to happen while I was gone. What would my family do? What would they think! Where was I going to go. Most of all, Why could Alice still see my future?