Chapter 9

The trees wrapped around us as the road to Blake's house came closer and closer to the end. The smell of dog seemed to increase to the amount that I wanted to cover my noise. Danny looked down at me, and rolled up his window, it must've been warm out. I smiled, but it really didn't help. "Here we are," Danny pointed to a small house.

Danny opened my door to the car, as I got out the smell hit me like a wall, but so did the looks from the wolves. There was a total of six, I knew two of them Danny, and Jeff. Jeff's really an eighth grader, he takes classes at the high school due to 'advanced placement'. He was the first to walk over. "Hi Danny, hey Clara!" he placed a hand on Danny's shoulder, then leaned over in "No monsters tonight guys, Blake wants to make that clear." Danny nodded.

"Hey do you guys want to meet my girl, or well not my girl, my friend that is a girl..." Jeff asked trailing off, but pulled us to the back of the house before we could answer "Hey Snow!" he called.

"Do not call me that," a girl called across the yard. She was short, and looked just a little older that Jeff. She had a Plain-Jane look, her brown hair tied tightly behind her in a pony tail She was bundled up in a fall jacket and long pants though it wasn't that cold.

"I apologize, guys meet Maria Snow, but she prefers Maria," he smiled "Only I get to call her snow." he added jokingly.

"Its nice to meet you," I shook her hand a immediately regretted it. She shivered away at the minute she touched my hand.

"Do you want a jacket, it's kinda cold." I shook my head "Jeez, it seems like I'm the only one that realizes how cold it is.You're all getting hypothermia" I smiled, remembering that the guys wearing jackets were probably just making her feel better.

"Hey Snow, I'm gonna steal them away." Jeff said butting in.

"Already?" she playfully hit his shoulder  "Don't be so stingy." Maria laughed as we were pulled away again.

"who are we meeting now?" I questioned Danny.

"Alpha," he looked down "you get to meet my family now." he smiled.

We followed Jeff into the house, it was as cozy as the outside looked, I was surprised "yeah, my mom gave it a nice bit of feminism." Danny joked. Although only Blake lived there so there was no need for it to be so furnished, then I remembered this was probably where everyone hung-out.

Jeff left us in a room in the back of the house, it was a small office. The blinds were pulled down from prying eyes. We had just sat down when Blake entered, He was tall and well-built, like most of the other guys. His eyes were a pine green and his hair was a chestnut brown. Blake's skin was a few hues darker than his brothers.

"Hey Danny." Blake smile, shaking his brother's hand. Danny smiled, seemingly relieved. "So you must be Clara." I returned his smile.

"What gave me away?"

"Let's see, could it be the smell, or the red eyes?" I drew out my compact, surprisingly they were a golden. I looked up at him "Just my way of telling you that Danny already talked to me about the situation." He placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

=----------------------------------------------------------------

OK so I know it's short, and kinda terrible, any suggestions? I have serious writers block -__-