Chapter 6: Imprinting Sucks

"You seem excited" Scott mentioned, he grabbed my shoulder and quickly checked my eyes "Golden." he smiled. They had been doing this recently, a kind of morning routine before school, it was sweet that they cared so much.

"Have Fun today " I said, giving him a quick one-shoulder hug. Scott works at the power-plant on the other side of town, down by the water. It's a new enough building, my science class went on a trip there before we moved to Maine.

"I will, where's Clark?" he quizzed

"He's picking up his girlfriend, Celia," I laughed "She must be something special." I was dressed in long sleeved jacket, and jeans just in case the sun made and unwelcome appearance. I did want to hang out with Danny though, and he probably would want to see the suns effects on me.

"See you later Clara." He yelled across the yard as I drove away, he had been sticking around a lot more lately, it was different since he'd never been one to hover. I got into my own car, and started it up, loving the sound of the engine when it started.

The weatherman on television did predict sunny skies, I watched fervently on the way to school. Noting that the clouds were thinning.

The parking lot was still almost empty, allowing me to see my brother's car when I first pulled past the tree line. The car sat in the assigned spot next to mine. He and Celia were on the hood, they waved as I pulled in. "Hi Clark, Celia." I said as I got out of my own car.

"Oh hi Clara." Celia had a sweet voice, it matched her smell, bubbly, and feminine. Her hair was braided behind her, I thought it was cute that they were cuddling and I couldn't help but want to be anywhere except there.

"I'm gonna go to my locker, see you two at lunch." I rushed away, and quickly made it to one of the benches outside the cafeteria. I didn't notice when the licorice-haired girl came up behind me, she sat with me for a moment, folding one leg over the other in that prissy little Drama-Queen way that tells everyone around to pay attention.

"So your brother and Celia?" she asked sitting down next to me, tapping my shoulder to make sure I was paying attention to her.

"Yeah their cute together, right?" I smiled.

"Sure," she twisted some of her locks, making it look more like the candy "are you dating anyone?" she asked.

 I was suddenly taken aback "Why?" finding it a tad outgoing.

"Just curios, I saw you hanging out with Danny..." she trailed off.

"Yeah, he's a nice guy," I shrugged "but we're not a thing."

"Good," she exclaimed "lets keep it that way." there was a underlining of ownership in her voice.

I decided it was best to ignore it "I'm Jenna by the way, do you know Blake?" it was a question, and a threat. My mind flashed back to the previous night.

Danny had said 'Blake's our Alpha', my expression must've mirrored my knowledge because she leaned over and whispered "Exactly." very close to me. Then she was gone, just like that.

I sat next to Danny at lunch, I was going to tell him what Jenna said.

"Hey Clara," he smiled "listen there's something I need to tell you."

"There's something I need to tell you to Danny." I played with my nails while I gathered the words. "Are Jenna and Blake mates." the word mate is such a common phrase for vampires I almost regretted using it there, in case he misunderstood.

"Yeah...so you met Jenna?" I didn't meet his eyes "She can be a wicked bad sometimes, its best to ignore her ya know." I looked up.

"Do you think she'd really send Blake after me?"