Chapter 17

This Chapter is a bit more graphic than some of the other stuff I write, but I'm in a bad mood so I decided to finally write something a little darker with my story. Anyway hope you like it and PLEASE COMMENT, OK onto the story:

- Sincerely, M.J (UnknownBeliever)

Xavier slid down the wall, sitting next to me in the cobblestone alley "I'm not letting you die, you have to drink something." he placed a hand on my shoulder, and I realized that I'd forgotten my jacket.

Xavier and I are not the love birds that he claims we were, our life has simmered down to a flirtatious friendship. After I left I went to an old friend Betty, was always renown for her abilities at creating new identities.

I originally met her in New York about thirty years ago, when my family was beginning a new identity. She had worked for some high tech corporation, creating identities for old mafia members and victims who needed a new life. After that she helped create the many identities of those that who joined the Volturi or their victims, since having as many people disappear every year would seem strange.

She has always stayed in New York, more specifically the grungier parts where a business like hers can thrive. I remember how much she'd always loved my family, even though she only knew us as costumers, She always kept in touch with us, calling occasionally to remind us not to stay rooted for too long and even giving us a discount although we never accepted and payed the same as her other costumers. She was the only person I told the whole plan to.

"I don't like it my dear. It'll be a wicked long time 'till you see them again." she had complained "Leaving everyone in your life, you family? Your love?" She sighed but didn't deny my wishes. Handing me the envelope that held my new life, she placed a finger to her nose. That had become her signal for 'you didn't get it from me.' Although for how long she'd been doing that I wasn't sure, the old women was in her 90s by now.

"Clara," Xavier shook my shoulder, waking me from my memories "We better get inside, it's dawn and it appears the rain is lightening, we can leave tonight." he stood, reaching for my hand and pulled me up from the damp ground.

"Sorry, I'm just not focused today." I shook my head, lightly sending strawberry ringlets in different directions. Walking down the street I knew what he meant when earlier he mentioned that I need to drink something. I was dazed, confused, and down to an almost human standard. I hadn't had anything since we left New York almost a month ago.

We walked up the stairs to the bed and breakfast, the rooms were small and we each rented our own "You need to get your head on straight, or you'll snap." Xavier said, giving me his final two cents for the night.

Walking into the room, I noted immediately that I was not alone "Hello?" I called into the seemingly empty space, flicking on the lights. I sighed as Bella and Amanda walked into view. "Why have you come to find me? Does Jasper or Clark know where you are?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Both shook there heads "No my dear, They believe that we're with our husbands who are in reality waiting for us to arrive on Isle Esme in just a few hours." Amanda walked over and embraced me into a hug, then seemed to notice my state of disarray. "Your eyes, they're black."

I nodded "I'm hunting tomorrow when Xavier and I are out of town." I sat on the couch, directing them to follow.

"Clara," Bella started "Alice has began to see your future again, but she's afraid that if you continue like this it will not end well." She moved closer, sitting next to me on the couch and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"This is a dangerous game Clara. If someone, if a human was to get to close-"

"I know what will happen Amanda," I interrupted "but I can't face my brothers, not after what I was told they did and after Alice backed it up... Did you know?"