Chaper 12: The Return

The house glowed in the mid-afternoon sun sank over the horizon. I pulled my hand out of the sweatshirt and held it in the fading light. It twinkled like the stars that emerged in the sky. Danny came around to the passenger side door, grabbing me up bridal style "hey." I complained.

"you've been slow all day, and that's saying a lot considering you're a vampire." I rolled out of his arms and ran up to the door.

"That fast enough for you?" I teased, making him laugh as he caught up.

"yeah, thanks for catching up." I opened the door for him to go in first, afterwards scanning the woods for Xavier, but not seeing anything. I let relief settle on my face for a moment and followed him inside.

"Hi Darling," Amanda sighed, coming up to hug me. I felt her take a deep breath then glanced to see her face. She could smell Xavier, I thought, she sighed again confirming my beliefs. Her face changed, though to a happy expression when she faced Danny. She waved before disappearing upstairs, her blonde hair flowing behind.

"Wheres she going?" Danny asked, I took his hand and led him to the parlor, the windows were open and a cool breeze flowed through the house. I tried to detect Xaiver's sent through the oaks that covered half our yard, but found nothing.

I pulled Danny up the stairs towards the guest room, "Amanda thought it'd be a good idea for us to look dapper for Celia, she was motherly enough to leave some clothes for you." I pushed him into the room before fleeing to my own room.

Running to the large, almost a door sized window I looked through the woods, scanning yet again. Suddenly a cold, strong hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned ready for an attack, but stopped as I noticed two gold eyes, belonging to a pixie of a girl. "Alice," I breezed "I thought you were-"

"Xavier," she interrupted. "I know, and I know that he came after you." she wrapped a small hand around my own and guided us to my useless bed. "What is all this about sweetie?" she seemed so upset.

"Don't you know?" Alice shook her head, making her short hair into a pom-pom.

"I you were with the wolves, I can't see their future and sometimes it rubs off onto others." she looked out the window in the direction of the wolf packs property "I suppose since he attacked you there..." she trailed off.

"OK so I won't go back to there." I said holding up my hands in defense.

"I can't see your future either... Danny is causing it Clara." I stood up and crossed the room, over to my bookshelf that overflowed with journal's, CD's, book's, and so many other nick-knacks.

"I'm not breaking up with him." I said 'It would break his heart."

"Not if he doesn't remember dating you." Xavier walked into the room, I glanced at Alice. She starred daggers at the intruder.

"What is it that you want." she almost yelled, and crossed the room to move in front of me defensible.

"Nothing with you," he said and tried walking around her, but she she circled around me as quickly as he could. "I'm making a proposal to the dearest Clara." His Cajun accent dripped like fresh paint. he reached a hand out, and I grasped it, moving around Alice.

"What is it exactly that you want sir?" I could feel my own accent rising more prominently to the surface.

"Do you remember what I asked you when we first met?" he didn't let go of my hand, but I could tell he would've kindly if I had moved it away.

"You asked if I was willing to move farther North with you, towards Canada." I looked at his crimson eyes and hoped mine weren't the same color as the blood that appeared in his.

"Then you don't remember," he smirk "We've met before...Clara Whitlock." I pushed away from him then, moving back towards Alice.

"What is he talking about?" She quizzed, I could only shake my head so unsure myself. "Jasper, she called as if in a hushed scream."

My brother must've been just outside the door, as he, Scott ,Quil and Embry all came in. The wolves were quickly sent back to the hall. "Make sure theres no others nearby, we have a human coming." he explained. The wolves both left heading for the stairs.

"Jasper Whitlock, or is it Hale now?" Xavier sounded almost gleeful, a unfriendly smile plastered on his lips.

"I didn't think we'd see you again Xavier." Scott appeared in next of me, wrapping a secure arm around my waist, as if to plant me into the ground.

"I said I would if I could track you down." he reached a steady hand out to my father. I grabbed his hand before he could shake Xavier's.

"I'm afraid you can not stay long Xavier." Jasper said stepping forward and placing a hand on the Cajun's shoulder. Xavier looked down as if in disgust.

"I would've thought you of all people wouldn't mind seeing me again Jasper," he looked at me, discuss still looming in the churning red "but if I've learned anything it's that people change with time."

He seemed to bow before looking back up to me " au revoir mon chéri. Until next time." He looked at me one more time before disappearing through the trees. Alice ran to Jasper enclosing herself in his arms. I moved to Scott and allowed him to wrap an arm around my shoulders. Even though I never had to breath, I took deep breathes and was just glad that Danny had not come up, fearful of what either of them might do.

"Clara, A leanbh na páirte, you must get ready. We will deal with this I promise." he pulled me away from him to meet my eyes "We must meet your brothers girl. Please my dear everything will be alright." I smiled, my father -however much I could call him a father- was never a liar. I knew he'd do everything in his power to stop Xaiver.

As the group deteriorated I could hear Danny yelling a Embry down the hall about how Embry shouldn't have stopped him. I closed the door, and pulled the dark blinds as I began to change. I pulled the slim, silver dress from my wardrobe.