Chapter Four: His New Home

Ben's POV - - - -

I arrived in Los Angeles at four in the morning. A big city, late at night, with nothing but a car full of stuff to sleep in. Fun. Right?? Once I turned the corner I saw a diner that was still open. No cars in the parking lot. I pulled in.

"Give 'em business. " I laughed to myself. I got out of my car and walked in. I saw a red hair man at a booth. He looked up at me.

I sat down at the counter and pulled out my phone. The lock screen. A picture of me and her. I locked the phone and set it down.

Someone sat down next to me. The red head.

"Where you from?" He asked me.

"San Diego."

"Hmm... well its your story, none of my business. "

"Actually I was preparing my self to not tell you why I left. "

"Look man, my group, my crew ,we don't question. You should stop by the Fortress sometime. I think they'd like you."

"Fortress?"

"It's what we call our shared house. If you are looking for a place to crash we have a spare room."

"You don't even know me."

"The name's Hux."

"Be....Kylo. Kylo Ren. "

"Well the offer is still up Ren. You gonna take it?"

Hmm. I don't even know this guy.

"I need a few nights before I get a place. So ya. "

"A few nights it is then."

I smiled. I looked around.

"Where in the World is the  watress?"

"Good luck finding her. She's probably asleep in the kitchen. Nothing really happens here at this time."

"You don't need to yell, I knew you were here." The watress finally came out, "what will it be.?"

"Coffee, and some pie."

"Your lucky day. One slice left." She poured me a cup of coffee and got the piece of pie.

"What flavor is it?"

"Honey, I don't know." She walked off. It looked like blueberry but who knows?

"Gladis! Can I get some eggs! It's 4:30!" 

"Do you eat here often?" I asked him.

"Every other early morning. First one in. Their eggs are to die for. You should have some."

"Okay." I pushed the mystery berry pie away.

"Gladis! Two orders of your fantastic glorious eggs please.

The clock struck 5 when we finally heard something cooking. I had finished my coffee 25 minutes ago. Hux looked at my cup and hopped the counter and grabbed a cup and the coffee pot. He came around the counter and filled both cups emptying the pot.

"Cheers, Ren, to our new member. "

"Member? Who said I was joining."

"You did, when you took my offer." He pushed his cup towards mine. Hitting it. " welcome to your new home Ren."

"Ya... Home. .."