Chapter Thirty-Eight: They're getting married

4 Years Later....

Ben's POV~~~

I walked out to the mail slots in the lobby of my apartment  building. I pulled out the mail. I got something from Poe and Jenna... I opened it on my way back to my apartment. It was a Wedding Invitation. They are getting married on June 21st. There was a small note inside

Ben, I know it is a lot to ask, but could you be my best man? -Poe

I laughed and pulled out my phone and sent a text to Poe, 

-"Of course, I don't think I be able to be there until the 20th though."                                              "Better than never. Thanks man." 

I walked into my small apartment. It was the best I could do after college. I got a steady job but life was still lonely and quite frankly empty. But, I will see her. I will see Rey. And I will try to fix things. Make things better. Ignite the spark we once had. 

Rey's POV~~~

"Yes!" Poe came in. 

Jenna and I were looking at the seating arrangements. 

"What now Poe?" Jenna asked. 

"I just got my best man."

"Who is it?" She asked. 

"Ben."

I turned and looked at him, "Ben? You haven't seen him in four years." 

"Ya but even though you two are exactly  one the best terms doesn't mean we can't" 

James ran in. 

"Hey champ." Poe said. he ignored him and ran to me. 

"Mommy, can We go to the park today?" He asked.

"Yes James, right after we are done with this we will." He ran off. Jenna laughed. 

"He is an outdoor kid, isn't he?"

"Yes, even when its hot and we don't have ice cream." She laughed. 

"Rey, I'll take him if you'd like." Poe said behind us. 

"That would be great Poe." 

"Champ, let's go to the park." James ran downstairs in a super hero cape with the biggest smile ever. They left.

"He has the biggest smile I have ever seen." Jenna said.

"Ya, He got that from his father."

"Rey, who is his father." I looked at her. No one has asked me that since father had when he found out. 

"Ben."

"Poe's best man, Ben, Ben Solo?"

"That's the one."

"Does he know about James."

"No, he doesn't"

"Oh. Well how do you think he is going to take it?"

"I don't know. But since Poe and James are distracted, I can go with you to your fitting."

"You are the Best Friend slash Maid of Honor anyone could ask for." 

"I know, I am amazing." We laughed and left the house. 

The whole time all I could think about is how similar James is to Ben. And how much that killed me to realize that I could never leave nor forget Ben at all. 

Author's Note:

Sorry I jump around so much. I just have an image in my head.