chapter 27 grand festival part 3

Toma mange to take Gaara to the one place he knew she'll be. She was in front of a grave and putting white roses.

"Alright just tell her how you feel before she leaves." Toma said as he nodded and went ahead.

"Kanon?" She turn and saw Gaara there with his hands behind him.

"Hey how did you find me?"

"A little kid told me. Anyway I wanted to give you something." She tilted her head in confusion. As he brought out the red Camilla. She was surprised about his declaration of love.

"Gaara you sure know how to declare your love huh."

"'Your the flame in my heart.' That's the meaning right?"

"Yep I'm impressed usually not a lot of boys know the language of flowers. Then again you are shukaku's jinjuriki host." She said with a smile. They both looked at the grave and saw the roses.

"This is master Ikky grave I came to give him flowers so he won't be left out of the festival. He would made sure that everyone would join in on the fun. He was like a grandfather to me most of us. I really hope he's happy now that his family is with him." Kanon said as she looked at grave.

"I'm sure he's more happy now then before. You've changed a lot since we've met. Before you would threatened anyone but now you seemed more friendly then before." Gaara said as he could see a small smile from her.

"Thanks Gaara and just so you know your the flame of my heart as well." She said with a blush as he smiled at her.

"Hey let's go back there's going to be a fireworks at the end to show that the event has come to an end."

"Yeah let's but I have to ask your father's permission to date you."

"Oh trust me he need more time to get the right to say who I can date or not." She said with a smile. As she intertwined her hand with his and blushed as they walked back to the village.

Back at the village night

Everyone were dancing as Kankuro got the hang of the moves. All the nations and villagers were having a blast. Kanon took Gaara where there weren't many people at the Riverside and sat on the ground. And just like that the fireworks started and brought many beautiful colors. A few of them mange to become different shapes like the yin and yang signs and dragons and all sorts of figures. Then it stop for a short period.

"Hey Gaara I'll be leaving the village around the time you leave. I'll get a lot stronger and one day when I'll come back to my village. Plus I'll go to your village and you can show me your village."

"Sound like a date."

"Also there's a chance that I may have a few more dragons." Just as Gaara was about to say something they heard a familiar voice.

"Kanon!" They notice the one and only knucklehead ninja.

"Hey Naruto what is it?"

"So I'd it true that your together with Gaara now." He asked with a grin.

"Wow news travels fast and I get a feeling that it wasn't Toma since he keeps secrets from his brother about things he wouldn't know."

"So it is true I knew it."

"Coming from you the only Uzumaki that lacks on his studies a lot." She said as he seemed a bit embarrassed about.

"Oh come on I'm more into the action not the books. Anyway I have to find Sakura so we can see the fireworks together later." He said as he left.

"Man he sure is unpredictable sometimes he's easy to read." She said they saw the view of her home.

"Hey Kanon no matter what happen I won't let you go. I'm saying this as me and not as shukaku. I really like you so I'll wait for you as long as it takes." Gaara said his cheeks all red for showing his feelings.

"Alright Gaara but just so you know I can get very violent if I find out you cheated on me. So do my dragons if they sense their masters upset." She said with a smirk.

"Hey its strange that it took one exam for us to know each other, and here we are looking at the night sky." Kanon said as she lean head on his shoulder.

"If you could change one thing of that event what would it be?" He asked.

"Nothing because that would mean we wouldn't have met or even like each other or even be here." She responded. As she turn to look at him she felt his lips on hers. At that exact same moment the fireworks started again as well. She closed her eyes and kiss back enjoying his lips on hers.