Breaking the ice

Dippers eyes open the next morning slowly.

The throbbing pain on his neck told him it was not a dream.

He saw Bill.

He sat up quickly his hand going up to the bite. He moaned at its stinging pain. Bill really bit hard. He loved it. And he was going to bring Bill back before it heals.

His eyes darted to the small portal. Its sort of useless but he decided to keep it anyway.

He shoved the covers off him and scrambled to get dressed for the day. He has a lot of work to do.

He can't get to Grunkle Ford's pieces so he's going to have to start by scratch.

A few tears slid from his eyes as he thought about Bill.

He wiped them away opening the door only to glare at who was their.

"What do you want, Mable?" He hissed in question.

Mabel swallowed staring at her brother and but her lip under Dippers angry glare.

"Dipper... Please. I want us to talk."

Dipper drew his lips back like a silent snarl. "You and I have nothing to say to each other." He said coldly.

"No, you don't understand! I was wrong. I see what I've done, trust me. I can help you..."

Mabel was not expecting Dipper to growl at her and shove her back so her back slammed into the wall four feet behind her. She slid to the ground and looked up wide eyed at her brother.

Tears had collected in his eyes threatening to fall as he glared down at her.

"Help me?"

His voice was deadly and sharp as a knife, but low as to not alert their grunkles.

"You are why this happened!" Tears finally began to slide down his cheeks.

"Your why he's gone. If you just left us alone, we would still be together. You know nothing of what he's done for me!"

Mabel watched her brother cry and felt her heart break. "Dipper-"

"Don't! Don't say my name and don't even think of saying his. You knew me better then anyone. Of us I trusted Bill the least. So yes when he ended up being my teacher I was shocked. I was suspicious. And I was for a long time. Needless to say killing a teacher was bad but can you not say he had it coming?"

Mables eyes widen at the memory of the missing teacher.

"Yes, me made me promise not to tell anyone of his presence but in return he promised to answer all of my questions. And I quickly found out if he ment harm or not. I'm not a idiot. And you know what? Bill helped me. He saw what others did not and stopped them from hurting me."

Mabels eyes stung with tears. "Hurting you?"

"Yes Mabel, Hurting. Or Bullies is a better way to put it." He hissed.

His hand moved up to his once destroyed eye.

"That eye patch was hiding the worst of what they done."

He looked up at Mabel realizing he was crying with his eyes on the ground.

"They hurt me Mabel. And it hurt. I thought... I thought they were going to kill me."

Mabel swallowed the lump in her throat as she moved to stand back up.

"Bill... He found us. He stopped them. He got rid of them. Because he was mad that they hurt me."

Mabels mind flashed to the missing boys from school.

"He heald what he could. But my eye was talking longer Because of how bad it was... Do you know what the cost was? To be his companion. To be his friend and to be close to me. He wanted nothing to do with any of you, anyone else but me. He didn't want to take over, or destroy, or even cause chaos. He wanted someone to understand. He wanted to be with me."

Dipper let out a sob ima be to stay calm as anger and sorrow was swimming inside him causing him to tremble and shake.

"And I do understand him. Just like he understands my wants and needs more then anyone. I love him Mabel."

Mable wiped away her tears and faintly smiled. She understood even more now.

"I know now more then ever. Please. I can help you. I realized what I did wrong as soon as they took Bill away. You don't have to trust me. But I trust you. Just let me show you."

She held her hand out watching Dipper with nervous hopeful eyes.

"I can help you bring him back. I just need a chance. Please Dipper."

Dipper looked at her hand and swallowed back another sob.

Dose she really understand?

He grit his teeth together. "If..."

Mabel held her breath.

"If you can prove you can help and that you really care, I'll give you a chance."

Dipper almost wanted to scream that she had no right to ask for a chance.

But Bills voice soothed in so his ears.

"Trust her."

He watched his sister smile as he took her hand.

He felt more tears slip down.

Oh.

He missed his sister.

But they both knew this was the last chance.

But even so he could see it in her eyes. She's going to be here for him.

Mabel laughed softly in relief.

"Mystery Twins?"

Dipper smiled bringing his sister into a much needed hug.

"Mystery Twins."

Mabel laughed hugging him back tightly.

"Lets go bring Bill back."