Chapter Three: Training Ends and New Life Begins

I got up around 9:30 am with the ships computer AI, known as F.I.L.S.S., waking me up to get ready for training with 3 different groups from this project known as Project Freelancer. I have heard them before all over the news telling us about how they are one of the all time best military program besides the UNSC and ONI.

I got up and started to head out of my room to the training room. I didn't have my thoughts straight ever since I found out that my little brother had died. I don't think that I can even think enough to actually beat the first team but it is always worth a shot. Right?

When I got to the training room Director and Consular, that's what they call the old man and the black man that I met yesterday, they are in charge of this whole program. But they were already here waiting for me. "Anabeth we have decided to let you verse three agents instead of three teams." Director looked over at Consular.

I looked at him to with an 'explain more' face. "Well we had complications with the other teams." Consular explained.

I looked back at Director. "So one team and three agents. Will they be good, middle, or just terrible."

"Well yes and no you will be versing Team Alpha and my top agents Carolina, York, and Maine." Director said.

I sighed. "Well I have no armour and they do so what I'm I supposed to do without breaking my fist." I guess they think I am just so strong to fight their three best agents. God damnit. 

They both froze for a little while. "Well we have been busy and didn't noticed that you didn't have armour," Consular hurried out. "So I guess we will call doctors over and lead you to our 'equip' room."

"This makes my schedule even worse." Director sighs walking out of the training room. "Stay with her Consular and I will talk to the agents about the problem we are having." He orders.

"Yes Director." Consular nods.

He walked out without another word. "So does this always happens?" I asked Consular when Director was completely out of sight.

He looks over at me. "No. We are usually on schedule." He answers looking away again.

"Oh. Why do you say 'we' a lot it's not like you are a married couple and have to do EVERYTHING that he says." I said rolling my eyes looking away.

He was going to say something but the doctors walked in and took me straight to the equip room.

...............................................................

BACK AT THE OBSERVATION ROOM

"Wow I can't believe this is happening!" Cyan one says throwing her helmet across the room.

"Carolina think of this you can probably beat her she maybe not even be near like Tex. Plus she came from a pretty skilled team, but she also has been injured recently. " The tan with the white trim said leaning on a wall.

"York what if she IS," she said raising her voice. "What if she is better and CAN beat Tex. Plus that doesn't even matter if she has been injured recently. CT has been through worse, Wash has been through worse, we ALL have been through worse. Survived and trained THE day we felt better." she said as her voice got softer leaning her head down.

York leans off the wall and walks towards her. "Hey it won't matter ok? Just try your best," he puts his fingers under her chin and lefts up her head so they have their eyes staring at each other. "Ok? It doesn't matter what place your in. You are always my first."

Carolina looked at him for a while, gazing into his eyes, looked away, than looked at the leader board. " If she is better than me and Tex I will have another person mocking me. Another competition to beat. I have to be number one on the board."