Chapter Eleven: Dark World

When we reached the city, it looked like it just wasn't taken cared of for years. Smoke, fire, dead bodies, cars that are burnt and fire coming from the inside of it, and people being evacuated. Well it looked like hell on Earth...

"Hey Maine come help me over here!" Hawaii yelled.

I watched Maine go over to Hawaii to left up a part of the building. I looked over and there was something glowing in the distance. I walked towards and and lifted up a huge iron rod.

I looked at it closely and it was a young lady with a beautiful bracelet and she was trying to protect something....

I looked closer and it moved a little. I moved the lady's arms and it was a baby...it was alive.

"Um guys?" I said picking the poor thing up.

Carolina walked over. "Are you kidding me?" she said looking at the baby.

"Is it dead?" Colorado asked.

I shook my head. "No still breathing." It was wrapped in a baby blue blanket.

"We can't bring it back you know?" Kansas said.

I looked at him. "We can't just leave it here."

"Ya we can't it will die." Wash said walking towards me.

It opened its eyes. It's blue eyes. It looked at me not doing anything than it started to cry hard.

I looked at the team they were all staring probably like me unsure about what to do. I looked down at it again it cute blue eyes had continuous tears running down its face and it mouth having a wailing sound come out of it.

I looked back down at the lady and than I noticed a shadow. I looked up and it was Wash. "Let me see him."

I looked down and the poor living soul wrapped in a baby blue blanket with dirt from ashes. Why would these people destroy a city with innocent people? I handed him the baby. "What are we going to do with him?" Hawaii asked throwing a chunk of concrete.

Wash looked out of the distance and saw the flashing red and blue lights from the cop cars. "I would suggest taking him with us but..." he trailed off from the baby touching his helmet and stopped crying. Wash grabbed it little hand. "But we can't he wouldn't survive."

"Well we could give him the police and let them take care of it." I turned around and it was Alex with North, South, Penn, Maryland. and Wyoming behind him.

I looked back at Carolina, Hawaii, Wash, Kansas, Maine, and Colorado for a objection. There wasn't any objection just silence and the baby making noices. North walked past me towards Wash and the baby. "Well I agree we can't take the poor fellow back so we gonna have to give him to the police."

I looked in the distance at the destroyed place...half buildings, cars that had ash or debree, and human remains. I sighed. "Well we probably should send out a team to take the baby to the police and let them take care of the issue." I suggested.

Carolina agreed. "Team B go take the baby back and Team A follow me. We will meet with Team C and D at the pick up to see if they found anymore suviours and were the Insurrectionst hide out is or was."

North took the baby out of Wash's arms. "Alright Team B lets head out." North said playing with the baby's hand.

When Team B left we started to go meet C and D. I watched Team B until I couldn't see them anymore. "Hey," I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I looked from were it came from and it was Wash of course. He had his DMR out and ready just in case of someone or something will come and attack us well we all had some kind of weapon out. "You ok?"