Chapter Nine: Combining Like Terms

"We have never done this before." Director said turning around from looking out the HUGE window that had computers on the bottom and where he stands is a bigger computer. It was one of his offices.

"I know the agents are waiting in your office on the 2nd floor sir." Consular said following him out.

"How many injured?" Director asked.

"All of the agents but half of them are already recovered." Consular answered.

"Tex?" Director said looking at the office that the agents were in.

"Just her arm is sore. She says." Consular said looking at his pad.

He sighed. "Arizona?"

He looked at him than back at his pad. "She went critical in the plane after passing out."

He sighed again and opened the door. All the agents went into position and stood straight. "Well I am glad your back Team Alpha."

He looked at the agents only Texas, Carolina, York, Maine, Wyoming, South, and Washington were here. He looked towards Team Beta. "Great job for getting these agents out. Update the board for Team Beta." He looking at Consular.

He looked over at the board and Vermont changed to 5th place to 4th place and California changed 4th to 5th. He looked over and saw that California wasn't here. He frowned. "Well Team Beta you are all dismissed."

"Yes sir." Team Beta chanted together.

As they all left, Director looked at Team Alpha. "I am very disappointed in you guys." He started to pace.

"Sir with all do respect we had nothing.... they wounded us and took our weapons without any mercy." York started to explain.

He went around his desk with the big leathered black chair tucked into it. Since his office is big enough to fit 2 teams and a big desk with a big rolling chair and still have a distance between him and the team. "I understand but you guys never got..." he froze.

They never got Rob. Not even close or anything! This is the second attempted! "Sir?" he looked and Texas had her head cocked to the side.

He sighed getting all the irritation out of him with his sigh. "Rob? Where's Rob?"

Everyone stopped moving and maybe even breathing. He glared at them. "You didn't get near him didn't you?"

It was quiet for a bit. "Well no sir. But I think that they killed him." Washington said shuffling his feet.

He shot a look at Washington and gave him the death glare. "What do you mean?" He said standing up once again.

"Well I over heard one of the marines that took me to their base in their van and they killed him for him not giving what the insurrection wanted." Washington stated.

He sighed. "Update Team Alpha." he looked at Consular.

Consular nodded his head and looked at his pad and typed something. York moved to second, Carolina went to third, Wash went to fifth, Maine went to sixth, and Arizona went to fourth. North sixth and South was in seventh and Wyoming and Texas stayed but CT went off the board.

"You are all dismissed." Director looked at South waiting for her complaining about her spot but she was silent didn't say a word.

"Yes sir." They chanted together and left the room without another word.

...............................................................

IN RECOVERY 7

I woke up by a sharp pain running through my body. I shot opened my eyes, looked around the room I was in, and saw next to me was North and it looked like California. North was at the chair that was supposed to be his bed looking at a billionaire magazine. "Ah you're up." he said looking up at me.