Chapter 4

That's Liara's house

---------

I sat silently in the passenger side of my dad's car as Mariam, Celen and my sister, Lily who was four years older than me, sat behind. I thought that I'd feel something once I get back with my family, but I didn't, except for the tiny amount of warmth in my heart, minus the annoyance I was feeling because of Celen and Mariam.

"How are you, Liara?" Lily spoke for the first time.

I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "I'm fine" I said, my voice not letting away anything. "Dad" I said. "Where's mom?"

He gluped nervously and his eyes began to tear up. From the corner of my eye, I could see Lily look out of the window with a pained expression on her face. My heart ached, already preparing for the answer.

Dad cleared his throat. "Um... she, um... she" he paused. "Passed away" he whispered.

I quickly jerked my head forward. The little warmth that I felt earlier disappeared and was replaced with a dark and cold hole. 'Dead' I thought. 'She's dead'. My heart ached so much, she was the only thing I was fighting for. I sat in silence as I let my insides eat eachother out. My mind was jumbled with thoughts about her. A tear fell out of my eye, but I quickly caught it. 'She's dead, move the fuck on' I snapped at myself mentally.

***

I stood in front of my house. I looked at it, but it screamed dull. I rolled my eyes and walked forward. Just as my hand touched the door knob, the door was pulled open. A blue eyed blonde was standing in front of me, holding a small sleeping girl. I didn't recognize her, so I went into a full panic as I stumbled backwards. Someone caught me, causing me to gasp, turn around and punch the person. He groaned as he held his jaw. It was just my brother.

"What the fuck, Liara?" He said.

I gave him no mind and turned around. She had a concerned expression on her face and the little girl was now wide awake. I frowned at the woman. She stepped outside, making me step backwards and hit my brother's, Archer, chest. He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his side, as if he was protecting me from her.

My dad walked towards her and held her hand. "Liara, meet your step-mother, Mira, and your sister, Sandy" my dad spoke as he was looking at them lovingly.

"Step-sister" Archer growled at him.

I was still shocked. So, I didn't respond, just looked at them shocked. I didn't understand anything, I was so confused. I raised my eyes at Archer and he was glaring at dad. I muttered a small 'what', catching his attention.

His eyes softened when he looked at me. He removed his arm from around my shoulder and took my wrist. He pulled me forward, inside the house. I faintly heard dad saying to Lily and Iris to take care of Celen and Mariam. Archer pulled me in my room. He closed the door and turned me towards him. He pulled me to his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around me. I could feel his tears hitting my thin ripped shirt.