Chapter 20

"Now, now, Niall, violence is not the answer" Michael said while sharpening his knife, or pretending to do so.

I chuckled humorlessly. "What is it, then? The question?" I sarcastically said.

"Very funny" one of his fool guys said.

"You see, Michael" I started, ignoring the fool's statement. "Some people do not deserve to be put through hell, those are the kind that deserves anything but violence, but there's this special kind of people that you can't help but introduce them to violence".

"I think Scar over there hit you hard on the head" Michael said and chuckled.

"Actually, it was Josh, blind ass" I spit out, enjoying the angry expression that was overcoming his calm face. "I enjoy pain, Michael" I taunted.

Michael laughed, or rather, tried to. "Then, I'll make sure to be a good host".

"Host?" I laughed. "You have a special shack, Mr. Host".

His hand shot out in an attempt to hit me, but I was quick to duck my head. He should've known not to try to mess with me. Afterall, I wasn't adopted for no reason.

"Ah, ah, Michael, you don't want to hurt your hand" I laughed.

His angry face fell and was replaced by a very, very devilish smirk. "Liara is going in tonight, she's fighting again".

'Not for long' I thought as I tried not to smile.

***

Liara's POV

"Don't fuck this up" Josh muttered as he wrapped my hands with a wrapping cloth. "Just... try to hold on".

I glared at him. 'So, now, he decides to speak' I thought.

I rolled my eyes. "Who am I competing against?" I asked.

He licked his lips and raised his eyes to meet mine. "Tainted" he muttered.

I chuckled tiredly. "Really? He never gives up, doesn't he?" I asked, to no one in particular.

He finished wrapping my hands and gave all his attention to my eyes. "Just... be careful, and stay safe" he whispered.

My eyes roamed around the small room that I was waiting in and smiled once my eyes came back to his. His eyes flickered to my lips.

His hands supported him, each one of them on each side of me. The bed I was sitting on was high enough to level me with him. Ever so slowly, he was leaning in. His soft lips touched mine in a gentle way, kissing them once, then they came back again, but more firmly and longer. His tongue met mine midway, caressing it ever so gently. He tasted like mint and cigarettes, and God, how much I loved that combination.

He suddenly pulled away, panting so hard. I smiled at the effect I had on him. Looking at my lips again, he leaned in for another kiss, fast but meaningful. Although the lust in his eyes, something else lingered. I frowned as I gazed at him.

"What's up with you?" I asked. "You're acting strange".

"They're coming to rescue you, tonight" he admitted. Then, he leaned in and kissed my cheek, lips staying there.

"Who?" I asked as hope dripped along with my words.

"Niall's people" he whispered. "Promise me I'd never see you again".

He kissed down my jawline, reaching my neck. "No promises" I muttered as I was too distracted by his hot lips.

He stopped and lifted his face up. "Please, Liara, promise me, tell me I'm never gonna see you again".