Chapter 28

Everyone fell silent.

It was suffocating. To me, in these situations, I prefered to be yelled at than to be given the silent treatment. I bit my lips as I waited for Louis and Monica to start crashing waves along with thunders, lightnings and rain.

"Isn't that..." Cass trailed off as he squinted his eyes at me. "The same.... guy that... you and him... um...".

I nodded at him. "Yeah".

I looked at Louis from the corner of my eye to see him glaring at me. I looked at Monica to see her still trying to process what I had said. Mariam had a neutral expression, like always. Celen was silently beaming at me, she's probably the only one that is happy with what I did. Both William and Cass had worried expressions.

"Say something" I pleaded.

A sigh of defeat sounded from beside me. I looked at Louis in surprise as he smiled warmly at me. "It was bound to happen".

"Yeah..." Monica trailed. I looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I-" Louis started. "I, um, I have been expecting this to happen, everyday for the past two years I've been waiting for you to come to me and tell me that you saw him".

"Wait!" I snapped as I got from the couch and faced him. "You knew he was in London?!" I yelled.

His eyes quickly fell downwards, if that wasn't a big 'yes', then I don't know what was.

I looked at Monica, her guilty expression was a giveaway, but I wanted to make sure. "You knew too, Monica?!"

I looked at the others. "You knew?" I calmly said as I met each pair of eyes.

Cass shook his head 'no'.

"No, I didn't know, I swear" William said.

"No" Celen said as she shook her head.

"I suspected it, but I wasn't sure, if I was sure, then I would've told you right away, and you know that" Mariam pointed out.

"How did you suspect it?" I asked as my frown deepened.

"I saw someone that I thought looked like him at the club a couple of times, but I wasn't sure if it was him or not" she honestly answered.

My head whipped towards Louis and Monica. The club was near to where I lived. So on somenights, where I was out on the balcony, gazing up at the stars and trying to come up with Niall's face, he was in the club, probably shagging some blonde. 'What a small world that we live in' I sarcastically thought.

"Wow. Just wow" I said as I picked up my bag and blazer.

I marched out of the flat, taking the staires, although it was floor seven.

Why would they do that, right? Were they really that mean and inconsiderate to try and keep me away from him, or was it Niall that told them to not tell me so he wouldn't have to see my face?

If it was the former, then I was going to be so much mad at them for keeping it from me, because they know that I have unfinished business with him. If it was the latter, then I would be so much mad at Niall for being a jerkhead who only cares about himself, and for being such a coward.

The most thing that scared me?

What if he had moved on?

I drove away and pushed too hard on the pedal, I'd probably get a ticket for speeding. I wasn't in my right mind, and the beer that I drank made it even worse. Tears flooded my eyes, but I never let them drop. I'll never let them drop for the same reason that I cried for seven years ago.

Arriving to my flat, I pressed the voice mail's button and threw myself on my couch.

"You have three voice mails" it said then peeped.

"Hey, Liara! It's me Iris, in case you didn't tell, listen, dad says that you have to come next week for the conference that is taking part in New York, plus we're all going, and Archer really misses you, call me when you can, bye!"

It peeped again.

"Honey, call me as fast as you can. I am your father, you know, and we kind of have to talk once in a while for the sake of our blood bond. I have business for you, also."

Another peep.

"Miss Honal, it's Lisa, Mr. Willows wanted me to inform you that the assistant that you selected will be at your door at six A.M tomorrow and will do what you required before, I already emailed Mr. Horan the taxts you asked for, and mailed him a copy of your flat's key and a quick self-made drawing of the rooms of your house, so you don't have to worry about that. Have a goodnight, Miss Honal".

And the last peep.

I looked at the clock. It read eleven P.M. by that time, I would have been still working at the company. Huffing, I got up and headed to the small gym room that I had.

I got on the treadmill as the realization that Niall Horan has became my offical personal assistant have hit me up hard. As hard as it was hitting, as hard as I was running. It was going to be a very long, sleepless night, I was sure. To prove my theory, the memories that him and I shared has started to swim through my head.

***

I had fallen asleep around three A.M, leaving me with only three hours of sleep. It was now six and a quarter, and I could very clearly hear someone moving around in my flat. My heart, to say the least, was about to run away from my chest towards him. I was kind of still in denial. I believed what I was hearing, yet I had great doubts about whether my ears were lying to me or not.

There was a door that seperated us. Just a door.

I always imagined that finding him would be almost impossible, too hard. Maybe it would have if Lisa hasn't gave me the idea of having a personal assistant, and I hadn't been too urgent to have one. If I had let Mr. Willows find me a new possible personal assistants, then I would never have found his profile. Even the smallest things can make the biggest change in ones life.

'What if he didn't recognize me?' The horrid thought poped up in my mind. 'Of course he will, Liara, don't be silly'.

6:27 AM, the clock read.

The pounding of my heart hadn't stopped, if it was possible, it would have pounded harder. Quickly and without thinking, I have slowly and quietly reached for the roses' water in my nightstand's second drawer and sprinkled it in my mouth. It tasted horrible, but at least it smelled nice. I'd rather taste the horrible water than have him smell my morning breath, if it existed anyways.

6:30 AM, the clock turned.

Just as it did, a knock sounded on my door. I have so very quietly laid back down and covered my head with the blanket just in case he walked in.

"Miss Honal, your shower is ready" his voice sounded through the door. My insides were all upside down, having a panic party. "And your outfit for the day is ready as well. Breakfast will be up by the time you finish dressing up".

'How can he act so professional?!' I angrily thought. 'Alright, Mr. Horan, two can play this!'

"Miss Honal?" He called again.

I inhaled and exhaled. "I'm up" I called back.

I literally patted myself on the back as a smile of victory took over my face. Silence has fell upon him, but seconds later I could hear his footsteps fading away.

Let the game begin.

----------

Yup, I just did that HELL YAAHAAAAHHH

PLEASE IF YOU LIKE DIS, DEN COMMENT AND VOTE

FOLLOW ME I FOLLOW BACK

Peace out \/ and stay alive |-/

Aya J