Chapter 26

Four years later, 10th September 2024, in London, England

Sipping from my coffee cup, I let my eyes wander around my new flat. Nothing but the furniture and I were held between its walls. I had finally finished university. I had finally became independent.

The flat that I bought was close to the company that I was going to be the CEO of after many protests from my father. It was one of my father's many companies.

As to how did I manage to convince my father of majoring in business managment, I had told him that I would never become a doctor of any sort, and that I was sure he wasn't going to let me become an artist, so majoring in business would be the middle solution for the both of us.

I'm not quite fond of holding the responsibility of many people, but it was better than becoming a doctor, because after seeing Archer dead, I had developed a phobia of blood and dead people, nobody knew about that, of course.

Leaving my cup of coffee half filled, I got up and headed to my door, grabbing my car's keys along the way. I took the staires down instead of the elevator, because I also wasn't too fond of tight spaces.

My phone rang when I reached my car. I answered it while I opened my car's door, which was a red 2017 Mercedes-AMG 43, and got behind the wheel.

"Liara Honal speaking, who's this?" I spoke.

"Miss Honal, you have a meeting in five minutes, shall I delay it?" My secretary, Lisa, said.

"No, Lisa, prepare everything, I'll be there shortly" I said as I reversed back and took off.

"Okay, Miss Honal".

I hung the phone and pushed my foot on the accelerator a little harder, making me go over 120. I smiled as the rush of speeding spread through my veins.

I arrived to the company in six minutes. 'A new record' I thought. The receptionist smiled at me and greeted me with a 'good morning, Miss Honal'. I smiled at her in reply. Unfortunately, I had to take the elevator, as I have been doing so in the past two months. I rode it to floor number fifty.

Once the elevator's door was opened, I was greeted with Lisa's smiling face, as usual. Lisa was a fourty years old women with a motherly aura, she had been married for fifteen years and had three kids, Troye, Mandy and Dennis. To say she was a happy person would be an understatment.

"Seven minutes, Miss Honal, a better record than the last time" she said. "Everything is ready and guests are about to arrive".

"Of course, I'll just step by my office to get my stuff" I said.

"I already have them at the meeting room" she said and smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you, then" I said and proceeded to the meeting room.

She followed me. "Shall I suggest something?"

"What kind of something?"

"The kind that will get you here on time, and never late" she said.

I scoffed. "Go ahead".

"I suggest you get a personal assistant" she said.

I pushed open the door that led to the meeting room and greeted the people that were already there. I sat at the top of the rectangle table and looked through the papers that I worked on yesterday.

"Miss Honal?" Lisa called again.

"Yes, Lisa?" I said.

"Please don't ignore my suggestion" she asked.