Chapter 24

Liara's POV

Three years later, 20th Octobor 2020, Tuesday

Sitting impatiently in the cell that I had been held in for the past three years, waiting for the guards to call my name, open my cell's door and let me out, was hard. Not the hardest thing, of course, but still hard.

Three years since I've ended the life of my nightmare.

Three years since I've seen him.

The moment that the judge has announced that I was to stay in jail, apparently for taking matters in my hands, was heart-dropping, although that was what I wanted. They thought that taking revenge on my kidnapper and abuser, by abusing him and cutting his dick off was illegal and to be punished for. The sentence was longer, but my father took it upon himself to get me out, as surprising as that sounded.

Mariam and Celen were let go, as there was no evidence that they tortured him. That was the plan, afterall.

As for Monica, she has been visiting me for the past three years weekly. Never has she given up on me, even though I told her to leave me alone the first year. Somehow, for the very first time, I appreciated her stubborn self.

Louis, he visited every once in a while. Very clearly, he avoided the subject of Niall, but still, he managed to slip up a few times. I knew Niall was out of the country, doing well and staying away from me. That was only what I managed to take from Louis when I asked him plenty of times about him.

'Damn you, Iris' I thought as the sweater that she bought me itched my skin. She said something about going out of jail with "full swag", her words, not mine. She had been annoying the crap out of me, but nontheless, I kind of appreciated it... kind of.

Arianna was still mad at me. So, I barely saw her. Lily, she visited as much as Iris, but she was less annoying. Mira and Sandy did, too. As for my father, I didn't see much of him as I hoped I would after he declared his want for getting me out of jail because I was not at fault. I guess, the awkwardness still lingered.

I digged into my front pocket, grabbing out the photo of me and Archer back when we were still kids. I smiled sadly at him as a tear slipped from my eyes.

"I wish you were here" I whispered as I sniffled.

Loud footsteps sounded, coming near to my cell. Quickly, I wiped my tear and hid the picture back inside my front pocket. Knowing what was coming next, I grabbed the small duffle bag that contained the few things that I owned and faced the door of the cell.

The guard stood in front of it and opened the gate. "Liara Honal, you're free to go".

I eagrly walked out of the cell with a big smile covering my face. Finally, I was done. I was going to forget the past by fixing myself, and I was determineded to do that.

On my way out, a few girls whom I made friendship with, bid goodbye to me, the others, they simply ignored me as I did them.

Finally, after stepping out of the jail's high cement walls, I breathed out a sigh of relief as I appreciated the feeling of freedom.

Someone squeeled and ran to me. I opened my eyes and arms waiting for her to jump in as a genuine smile took over my face. She hugged me very tight as she squeeled in my ear. I laughed at her attitude.

She pulled away, still wearing the excited expression. "I can finally touch you without getting yelled at!" She exclaimed.

"Monica! Calm down!" I said, chuckling.

"Hey, big girl" Louis greeted from behind her as he walked towards us.

"Hey" I muttered and waited for his hug.