Chapter 29

'It's okay, Liara, you can do it' I thought as I walked towards my bedroom's door to head to the bathroom. I checked myself on the mirror, my short hair was in a mess, and my sleep deprived face looked horrible, of course. Slowly, I twisted the knob, opening the door.

He wasn't in sight.

I quietly rushed to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I heaved a sigh, then proceeded to take off my clothes.

It was nerving, to know that he was there, to hear him moving around in my kitchen. After all of those years, he was almost foreign to me. The person that you love should feel like home to you, right? That was what I thought and believed, but Niall, right at that moment, did not feel like home, he felt like a foreign country, he felt like London when I first came to it. Although of that, my heart still ran blood all around my body excitedly, as if it knew he was worth living for, thus, creating the loud beats againts my ribcage.

Getting in the shower, I washed off in five minutes, becuase I literally took a shower at 1 AM. I dried my body, and let my hair dry itself. While that happened, I had been checking out the outfit he picked out for me. The guy had a great sense of fashion.

He had picked out a dark blue flower-print dress shirt, dark blue khakis pants, black lace underwear, and dark red high-heels. I admit it, it went very well. I put them on, and turned to the sink to brush my teeth.

'Act like he doesn't matter, be professional, Liara' I mentally prep-talked myself.

Yes, when you live alone, you tend to talk to yourself more than you do when you lived with your parents.

I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the kitchen, my high heels making clicking sounds on the floor.

Taking a very deep breath, I walked in.

Daydreaming about facing him was one thing, and actually facing him was another. The first thing that my eyes noticed was his hair, he had stopped dying it, letting it get back to its natural color, brown. Then, the facial hair that had adorned his face. He had definitely grown taller and wider, I was almost sure of the six pack that was laying under his black dress shirt. Finally, his eyes, the same eyes that coldly gazed at me seven years ago when they left me broken in that resturant.

"Good morning, Miss Honal, breakfast is ready" he said, not a word with emotion. Blank, that was what they were.

I looked at the kitchen's table to see that indeed it had breakfast on it, for one person. 'Well-played, Horan' I thought.

"Thank you, Mr. Horan" I said, as emotionless.

I sat down and started eating as he held a binder between his hands. To be honest, his scrambled eggs tasted so good.

"You have a meeting at 11 AM today, then lunch at 1 PM. At 4 PM you will leave the company to visit the orphanage that Mr. Honal recently invested in, you'll spend about two hours there-"

I rudely cut him off, because was the boss of him. "I have dinner plans at 7 PM" I stated and went back to eating.

'Is it just me? Or does he really know how to cook?' I thought.

"But at 7 PM you have Mr. Smith from Smith's Co. visiting, you'll be discussing a new project" he firmly stated.

I looked him in the eyes, colder and firmer. "My dinner plans are more important than some Smith".

I pushed away the plate and started sipping on my coffee.

His jaw ticked and he looked like he wanted to ask who was I having dinner with, but held himself. He was pretty serouis at keeping it professional. That hurt a bit.