Chapter 25

"Well, Lou, I'm sure I'm not going to 'pump' into him or something, because I'm going to London, and as I recall, his home is in Manchester" I spoke as lightly as I could, trying to hide the heaviness that weighed down my tongue.

Louis glanced at me, then turned his eyes back on the road. He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. "What ever makes you comfortable" he muttered. "I just... I'm afraid you might run into him, so only for him to shatter your heart more than he already did" he said with a knowing glance thrown my way.

Monica cleared her throat and popped her head between Louis and I. She smiled and clapped her hands. "Anyways! We should celebrate" she grinned as if she had the brightest idea that was ever created.

I chuckled. "Please, no alcohole" I pleaded, helping her lift up the tension that fell in the car.

She gave me a look, which made me feel as if I was a saint. "Since when did Angels come from jails instead of falling from Heaven?" She said in a sarcastic way, to mock my request.

"Since an Angel sinned and had to be punished by humans" Louis replied for me, smirking while glancing at Monica through the rearview mirror.

Monica rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" I teased. "My hearing has become weak since I've been banished here and punished by you, humans".

Monica groaned and fell back on her seat. Louis and I chuckled at her behavior. I looked back at her once my chuckles quietened down and smiled at her. "What did you have in mind?" I asked, curious as to what she was planning to do.

A smile broke across her face and she pretended to think. "Well, I was thinking of grabbing lots of beer and go to our hangout place, do you remember it? The one the four of us used to go to when we were kids?"

I turned around and faced the road again. My smile fell from my face. Not wanting them to see the sudden change of my mood, I turned my face towards the window, away from their gazes.

"Sure" I replied.

***

"Er, Lou" I whined, and took a big gulp of the beer that I held in my hand. I was drunk, too drunk, but at least they were, too.

"What?" He muttered as he himself took a swing.

"How is he?" I said, my bottom lip pouting and shaking. "I miss him".

"Who are you talking about, dude?" Monica groaned as she twirled in front of us.

"Niall" I whispered as her movement caught my attention, I could already feel the headache forming in my head just by looking at her.

"Ugh, he's okay, Liara" Louis said, laying back on his back. "It's been a while since he texted me, I think he found someone else, you should move on, Liara".

I was getting dizzy by looking at Monica twirl, so, I switched my gaze to Louis' laying form. "Move on?" I snorted, feeling myself begining to get sick. "Easy for you to say, bro".

A jerk made by my stomach, made me hurry up and move to a far tree. I went down on fours and got myself ready to empty my stomach. I threw up the contents of my stomach, which were beer and a cheese burger that Louis bought for me on the way here.

Once I was finished, I returned to my drunk friends. I dropped next to Louis and laid down like him, starring up at the stars-filled sky.

I took a gulp of the beer that was Louis', nearly choking, and laughed. "I never understood why people admired stars... they're just rocks that light up once the sun is gone".