Chapter 34

Snapping his head up, he starred at me with shock evident on his handsome face. Not only shock, but looking close, fear was there, too. I couldn't help my eyes when they softened, because his face, as I looked more at it, really looked at it, was exhausted, he seemes that he didn't have much sleep, perhaps Xander was keeping him up at night.

I couldn't imagine myself handling a baby on my own.

"H-how-" he stuttered out, but I didn't let him complete.

"It doesn't matter how I knew." I stated. "As in to why, you were concerning me with your behavior towards me... Niall" at his name, I had unwillingly whispered it, like it was foreign. Maybe it was.

His shocked face expression turned to angry. "You have no right to dig into my life!" He shouted at me.

Ignoring his shouting, I completed. "Also, I had figured out something else." I whispered.

He was looking at me with crazed eyes, waiting for me to say. Then, my eyes hardened. Not being able to say anything, I snapped open the first drawer, took out the file and angrily threw it at his face, hitting him straight at his nose. I got up from my chair and headed towards the glass wall, giving him my back. Tears of anger rimmed my eyes.

He was quiet, probably reading the file. While he did that, I looked down at London, trying to seek comfort from it, but I grew up in Forks, the town that was surrounded by trees, trees and more trees, it has always wore a green cloth.

After a few minutes of silence, I had calmed down, a bit.

"I did everything to get you back, I stayed up for several days and nights just trying to locate you! If I knew that they threatened you, I would've done everything to protect you! The day that you were kidnapped, was the last day that I had spoken to my father!" He said, his voice wavering from being a whisper to a growl.

I turned around, facing him. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?! Why did you let me believe that I was the cause of all of what had happened?!" I screamed at him, throwing my arms around in the air.

"You didn't let me!" He screamed louder, making me flinch and take a step back. He advanced towards me. His eyes not leaving me. "I tried to tell you! When I got you back, you were set on hating me and acting like a cold bitch! And when I finally broke your bubble of coldness, you fucking ran away the next day! And when I found you again, fucking Michael found us! I had promised myself that if you got out of there safe, I would stay away from you so you can have a safe life! And when I was ready to tell you, you told me about fucking Josh!" He yelled at my face.

The only sound that came from me, was the sound of my thumping heart.

"I tried to tell!" He growled. "But you didn't allow me to! As for my son, don't even try to hurt him!".

Finally, a response came out of me. "H-hurt him?" I asked, hurt evident in my voice. "You think I would hurt him? Just so you know, the first thing I thought of when I knew about him was that if you were treating him right!" I growled.

"I am treating him right." He said moments later.

"So, you actually left me seven years ago because of a stupid promise you made to yourself?" I asked. Emotions striking me all at once.

He kept stepping away from me till he hit my chair. He turned it around and sat on it, rubbing his face. He huffed out. "Yes." He answered. "I wanted to stay, I really did. Then, you told me about the kiss between you and Josh, I thought irrationally when I decided to stick to my promise. At that moment, Josh was a safer option than me.".