Chapter 23

Even from across the room, I could see the slight tremble of her hands, the uneven breaths she took, the fast movement of her eyes and the hard grip she had on her bottom lip. She was, as I could guess, excited, yet scared.

I wanted to go and stand beside her, assure her that she was doing the right thing, but many reasons held me back, like the fact that I claimed that I wanted nothing to do with her and the feeling that I had deep down, lingering in my stomach, slowly burning it.

To say the least, I was devastated. One part of me wanted her to get revenge on the man that ruined her life, and the other part, the weaker one that barely stands up for itself, told me that she was making a huge mistake, digging herself deeper in the hole they prepared for her. Nonetheless, I decided to let her get her revenge, because I wasn't one to make choices that suited good-hearted people. I was tainted, like a black ink on white thin paper that had a beautiful art, you either leave it, try to fix it, or wipe it off which will get the paper ripped into pieces.

"Niall" Louis called from far across the room, right beside the exit. "Your father needs to have a word with you".

I sighed out and nodded. "Where is he?"

"He's waiting for Harry and Liam to arrive" Louis responded. "I'm going to take Sandy somewhere where she can get easily found, I don't want her getting involved more than she is".

The burning gaze of Liara's beautiful green eyes could be felt on the side of my head, making me lose focus on Louis's words. "Yeah, yeah" I spoke.

Louis rolled his eyes. "I'll teach her what she should exactly say".

Without giving a response, I rushed out of there, trying to run as fast as I could from Liara's hot gaze.

Walking to my father's location was a hard task, not because it was a long walk, but I always found difficulty in communicating with him, perhaps it was because he wasn't my biological father, or maybe because he was a stiff man, always handling people like clients no matter what relation he had with them. Nontheless, he cared about me, Zayn and Adam.

I found him standing on the front porch, most likely waiting for Harry and Liam to arrive along with Michael and his pathetic men. My father, to not be exaggerating, was a very short-tempered man, so, messing with his sons would be like signing your own trip to hell. He was a hard man to understand, had lots of mystery in him, but he was still the one who took me in and raised me.

"Yes, dad?" I said as soon as I came to stand beside him.

"We're gonna leave Forks, Niall" he answered. "This will bring too much attention from the police and media, and I'm not going to risk myself and my sons to get caught. We've been dirty before, the police suspected us, so imagine what the police will do when they see us here".

The words that came out of his mouth only made me realize that this was not a nightmare, it was reality. I was going to leave Liara behind, rotting in jail, and probably never lay eyes on her ever again. I took a deep breath and exhaled as slow as I could, and raised my eyes to my father's dark brown ones.

"Okay" I said and gulped. "We'll clear everything out. Where are we going to head off to?"

My father's eyes took in my face's expression, probably trying to catch the hurt I was feeling, but I was too good at hiding it. He shrugged. "I was thinking Italy, or Spain".

I hummed in question.

He chuckled humorlessly. "But I figured going back to England would be much better".

I nodded. "Okay".

I turned around and walked back in, failing to manage to walk properly, I've stumbled, but I didn't fall. I cursed at myself, I was sure he saw me stumble, and I was sure he knew I was hurt.