Chapter 6

I leaned back againts the school's brick wall as I slowly inhaled the smoke of my burning cigarette, making its warmth fill my lungs, then I exhaled, feeling like all the stress leave my body with it. While doing that, I fixed my gaze on the people that passed by, they gave me too much attention, as if I was a tamed wild animal they feared it would attack, but felt the need to stare at.

The cold air hit my bare arms, making goosbumps of displeasure appear on my pale skin that was turning blue, but I didn't mind that. It was my way of feeling pain, it was better than feeling nothing but emptiness, at least it reminded me that I was still alive, breathing and walking, like normal human beings. It wasn't that I liked being cold and sick, but it made me feel.

Self harm, many shapes it has for many reasons, my way was putting myself out in cold, but unlike others, I did it to feel the pain, not take it away.

I began to remind myself that it was good, because the cold started to steal all of my body's heat, letting myself believe that the cigarette's smoke would warm me up, even if it was little, it was better than nothing.

My gaze went around everywhere, checking to see how being alive was, so full of energy and positivity. I kept looking, till my gaze fell on cold blue eyes, almost like the ocean in a sunny day but a cold atmosphere, they looked warm, but gave cold vibes, hard to imagine, because their color was so rare and beautiful. It reminded me of someone, someone I knew before I was kidnapped, the only difference was the hair color. I couldn't read his expression, so I pulled myself off of the brick wall, let my cigarette fall on the ground, then stomped on it. I looked back at him, then I frowned, because he was frowning.

I turned away, then walked towards the school. As soon as I was in, I was engulfed in warmth, I sighed out in relief as I pulled my black coat over my sleeveless shirt.

It was the end of January, the begining of the second semster, so of course students were jumping from one place to another. I ignored the loud chatter and the stares, and walked towards my first class, which was Math. I didn't need a map or a tour around the school, because I still remembered the halls and classes, it was one of my good qualities to remember things faster and for a long term.

On my way, I glanced at a brown haired girl with brown eyes, her eyes were set on me. I remembered her, then I remembered him. He had changed his hair color to blond. Her eyes were holding sympathy towards me. I passed by her, not sparring her another glance. Then, I stopped at my locker, got out my Math's notebook, then I headed to the classroom.

The teacher whose name was Mrs. Hamilton was already seated as well as a few other students. I walked towards her and politly shoved the paper that I was supposed to give to all of my teachers into her face. She gasped and jumped back, clearly taken aback. She looked up at me, then at the paper. She cleared her throat as she gently took the paper. She read it, then realization dawned on her. Then, she gave me the paper back.

"Welcome back, Liara, your seat is number twenty three" she said.

I turned around and searched for seat number twenty three, and found it on the opposite side of the windows. I walked towards it and sat down. Mrs. Hamilton loved to devide her students by their last names, in my class, it was ranged from A to H, and I had a good guess on who was sitting behind me.

My phone binged, indicating that I had a message. I pulled it out, to see that it was from Celen, telling me that she was in her classroom. I typed an okay back and told her to call Mariam. Mariam was supposed to be tracking down the kidnapper. She was quiet great at those things.

The bell rang, students filled the class. I was impatiently waiting for the lesson to start, so I could finish and get away from the student's stares. They were standing on my last nerves.

"Where's Horan?" Mrs. Hamilton asked, anger showing on her face.

"Here" a voice said as the figure walked in.

I slowly lifted my head up. There he was, standing like he was dying of boredom and... blond. The fact that he dyed his hair blond was shockening to me.

"Where were you, Niall?" Mrs. Hamilton asked.

"Oh for God's sake! Class started two minutes ago! Give me a slack!" He snapped at her.

'Not only his hair changed' I thought.

Mrs. Hamilton glared at him. "Go to your seat, number twenty four, oh and you have detention after school".

"What for?!" He exclaimed.

"Go to your seat now!" She yelled at him.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "You're not supposed to yell at students" the words flew out of my mouth before I could control them, making everyone stare at me, including Niall who had an expressionless face. 'Oh, fuck' I thought. 'Shouldn't have opened my mouth'.

The teacher huffed. "Although it's none of your business, Liara, you're right. I apologize to you, Niall, but you still have detention" she spoke while looking at Niall, who was still starring at me. "Go to your seat, please".

He started walking towards his seat, which was the one behind me, all the while glancing at me, then back at the floor. I heard him sit behind me, making me tense. 'What if he thought that I was defending him?' I thought.

Suddenly, the door was opened and in came that burnette that I saw, my old best friend. She was carrying a bunch of files. She put them down on the teacher's desk, then sat down on the first seat next to the windows. 'Lucky her, got to sit next to the windows' I thought.

"Thank you, Monica" Mrs. Hamilton said. "And class, I have switched a student here and changed my method a little bit" her eyes flickered towards me, then behind me, then back to Monica. She looked down at the files and smiled. "I have decided to put up study group for Math, you know, to prove your grade".

A knock sounded on the door. I frowned, something smelled fishy. I was sure that Mrs. Hamilton was up to something.

"Come in, Louis" she said, grinning widely.

A burnett came in. I knew him too well. "Where's my seat, Mrs. Hamilton?" He asked.

"Wait a second, please" she said. Then, she looked back at us. "As I said, I'm gonna devide you into study groups, six groups, four people in every group, you'll meet every Friday night to study, and I'm not taking no for an answer! Anyways, Louis, you'll be switching up with Parker, Parker, get out of my class, you have Math second period, and now you're supposed to have English with Mr. Hamilton" she said, grinning like a wild psycho.

Parker flew out of his seat and ran out of the class, yelling out his happiness. Parker was seat eighteen, next to Niall. So, now, Louis was heading to seat number eighteen. Once he was seated, the opposite of what I expected happened, him and Niall ignored eachother. 'Aren't they friends anymore?' I wondered.

"Now, I'll call out names and group numbers" she kept calling out names and group numbers, by then, I knew what she was up to. "Group six, Monica Anguiano, Liara Honal, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson, Monica, please move to seat number seventeen" Mrs. Hamilton said with a sneaky smile.

Monica clutched her books and moved to the seat next to mine. 'That's exactly what I needed' I sarcastically thought as I rolled my eyes.

-----------

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate kids?

ANYWHORES

This update is especially for Monica ( Monica-Tommo ) becauuuuuuse TODAY IS HER BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday, Monica!!! :D

::::::::Chapter 7: teaser:::::::》

"I'm really pathetic, aren't I?"

"Yes, you are" I snapped at her and walked away.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|

Vote for this chapter if you liked it and leave a nice comment :)

I personally like this chapter so very much

Peace out my beaches \/

AyaJ