Chapter 5

That's, my beaches, Liara's car

That's, my beaches, Liara's car. I have no idea what model it is so yeh...

-

--

I opened my eyes and looked at the door. It opened to reveal Iris in her pajama. She looked hesitated at first, but eventually, she walked towards my bed. Just before she opened the door, the figure ran and hid in the darkest corner, which was the closest to my window.

"Liara, I just wanted to say that I really missed you, I really did, and I regretted not spending time with you, especially when I used to refuse to play with you at the park when we were kids... I thought you died, I thought I'd never be able to see you again... I'm really sorry" she was taking too long, plus, she didn't need to explain herself.

"What's done is done, now leave me alone" I said, no emotion in my voice, mirroring my heart. "I have a big day tomorrow and I need to rest".

She looked as if she got hit by a brick, hurt and shocked. "O-okay" she mumbled, then ran away from my room.

As soon as the door was closed, my eyes snapped towards the corner the figure hid in. I kept starring, making sure to stay guarded in case he decided to attack. I slowly stood up. Then, I walked towards the corner, but before I could reach him, he jumped from the window. He hesitated at first, but did it anyways. The kidnapper's men wouldn't do that, unless they wanted to play around with me, but they'd probably be too pissed off to play Hide and Seek  or Tag, You're It  with me.

I closed the window and went back to bed. Tomorrow would be the day I tell everyone my edited version of what happened. Some things should be kept in the dark for my sake, as well as Mariam's and Celen's sake.

***

26th January 2017, 5:30 AM

"Mom" I mumbled. A tear slowly slipped down my face, followed by others. "I'm so sorry".

Six days have passed since I escaped, but it was like escaping a prison to another less strict prison. My house was a prison because of the way it felt. The day we went to the police, it was a very tense day. They were suspicious of us and they almost forced Mariam and Celen to go back to an orphanage, although Mariam was already ninteen and Celen eighteen. Lots of questions were asked and they tried to trick us with trick questions.

The same day, we were forced to do some kind of test to determine if we need school and which grade should we begin with. The kidnapper had an obssesion with education, so he made sure to pick out the smart ones and to educate us. The test results showed that Mariam and I passed highschool while Celen, being the less-smart-more-stupid one, needed to start from senior year.

My father, being the person who only cares about socializing and bringing out our best, thought that I should repeat senior year too, to get used to people and learn how to speak again. Just one semester, he said. I only agreed to keep an eye on Celen, she was a foolish girl, she could get kidnapped again without her sensing it.