The Key

"Ouch!" Nikki hissed as she pushed herself up off the ground. She spit out the sand and cringed. Her ribs hurt like hell. She had a cut across her right cheek. She was bruised in other places do to the fall. She looked around and noticed she was alone. That was until she heard Bumblebee make a panicked noise as he went flying through the air. She watched as he landed. She ran over to him and the others.

"Your cheek." Bee groaned as he got up. Nikki put her fingers up to her cheek. She brought her fingers down and saw blood. Oh well.

"Shit. I've had worse." Nikki stated. "What the HELL is wrong with you?!" She yelled at Jetfire.

"You are so lucky that no one got hurt," Simmons said to Jetfire, "One of us could have gotten killed!"

"I told you all I was opening up a space bridge. It's the fastest way to travel to Egypt," Jetfire said like they were idiots.

"Tell us? You didn't tell us anything!" Sam said angrily. Mikaela was wrapping his hand up. He must have hurt it.

"Don't you get snippy with me, fleshling," Jetfire said as he shakily sat down. "You were duly informed."

"Could you just stop for a second?" Sam said exasperated. "Could you tell us why we're in Egypt and actually explain so we can understand?"

Simmons pointed to Sam, "Yes! Thank you."

"Your race was visited by our ancestors before by our earliest ancestors about a millennia ago. They were on an exploration to harvest energon. It's the life blood of our race and without it we will oxidize and rust like my wretched self!" Jetfire explained and he was a bit bitter at the end. "Do you have any idea what's it's like to slowly fall apart and die!"

"Painful I'm assuming?" Nikki guessed.

"Let's relax old timer," Simmons tried to get him to focus. "Beginning, middle, end. Facts, details, plot, tell us the story."

"Somewhere buried in this desert, our ancestors built a great machine," he started, "it was created to harvest energon by destroying suns."

"Destroying suns?" Sam asked shocked.

"You mean blow them up?" Leo asked trying to understand.

""You see in the beginning there was seven Primes." Nikki's heart lurched at the word prime. Jetfire explained,"They were our original leaders and set out trying to find suns to harvest in the universe," he explained. "They set out with one rule. To never destroy the sun that supported a planet's life. That is until one of them tried to defy this rule."

Jetfire held up his hand and it projected the image of an evil looking Decepticon.

"The Fallen," Nikki stated.

"He despised the human race and he wanted to kill you all by turning on that machine," Jetfire explained as the image changed to show The Fallen attacking and looking towards the machine. "The only way to activate it is with the key. The key is called the Matrix of Leadership. The Fallen was stronger than all of his brothers, so they had no choice but to steal and hide it from him."

"In the ultimate sacrifice, they used their own bodies to make a tomb to seal away the Matrix. A tomb we cannot find." He finished showing an image of the primes using their bodies. Nikki shuddered.