Two

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

It had been five months since I came up in the Box, and while it seemed to pass quickly, a lot of work was done in that time frame. Before I came up, the creation of jobs had been in the works as Alby, Ben, and Minho all tried to balance the different tasks needed to build up the Glade. With my appearance, though, these jobs became more solidified. As of now, we had Builders, Track-hoes, Cooks, Slicers, and Med-jacks. We mostly traded between each job at first so all the work of each wouldn't fall to one person. Different hours of the day were filled with switching between the garden, or finishing up the buildings the others had started, and when injuries occurred the work for the day would usually stop or slow to focus on that. 

When the new Greenie, Jeff, came up after me, Alby fell into the leadership position over the Glade. He was often the one to help guide us through different tasks, like which materials to use, how to get the fish from the lake, what to plant and where. He knew the most from being here the longest, so most of the questions we had were answered by him. Of course, not everything he knew. When Gally came up after Jeff, we discovered a window in the walls that kept us in the Glade. When we looked through it, we couldn't figure out what we were meant to see besides more stone walls. That night is the first we heard the walls begin to shift, and the first that my nightmares began.

Our next Greenies were Clint and Frypan, and with more people, the less we had to spread ourselves between the different jobs. Our roles in the Glade became more separate and permanent. 

Jeff showed a natural knowledge when it came to our limited medical field. We often joked about it, how he must've been a doctor before here, though the word seemed foreign to us. It was one spit out from our memories with no image to attach to it. Clint was similar to Jeff, quickly taking to the Glade's medical world. Both quickly became Med-Jacks, though they helped in other areas when they weren't working as there still weren't enough people to do everything. 

Gally's temper was the first thing we noticed when he appeared in the Box. He threw a crate up,  while yelling at us about where he was, why he couldn't remember. Alby was the one to calm after Gally ran out of things to throw. I hadn't realized until Alby helped him from the Box that Gally had been crying, his brows turned in as he looked around at us with a red face. He got the same explanation we got, that this was the Glade, that none of us could remember anything but our names. While his anger tended to show often after that day, it was best controlled when Gally was building. It seemed to calm him in a way, or at least distracted him from whatever he was thinking. Gally was our one exception on switching jobs. Once he became a Builder, he was stuck there. 

Our latest Greenie, Frypan, was our main Cook of the Glade. A week after he came up, he helped me cook dinner and this was the area where his talent shone through. Frypan became the main Cook of the Glade, and the rest of us took turns helping him cook meals throughout the day. 

As for me and the other boys, I stayed a lot in the garden, as did Ben. On slower days, Jeff or Clint would come help tend to the garden, but otherwise it was mainly Ben and me. Minho excelled more in the jobs that allowed him to be more active, so he kept to being a Builder, though I knew from conversations with him that wanted more than that from his life in the Glade. Alby was good at his job as leader, and each day he switched between the groups that needed help the most.

Out of all this, a new sleeping area was set up made of hammocks. This was something of Gally's imagination, and we all thought was much better than the sleeping bags we had loosely created. But this change didn't make my nightmares better. I spent many nights sweating in my hammock, or I'd scream until one of the boys woke me. Some nights were worse than others, but nothing helped me so we pushed through as a group. It was a topic we didn't bring up, and I was okay with that. I didn't remember much of the dreams anyway, just flashes of people or things. I wasn't sure I'd want to remember them in the first place.