Seven

~ Newt's P.O.V. ~

(y/n) was quiet as we walked to the hammocks. 

"You alright?" My voice was quiet. She looked at me quickly, almost as if she hadn't expected me to say anything. (y/n) slowly nodded. 

"I'll be fine. Everyone gets bad dreams." She sat in her hammock, looking at me for a moment. 

"You should probably get some sleep. Big day tomorrow." I nodded, sitting in my own hammock. I watched as she lay down, hands folded over over her stomach. (y/n) slowly turned in her hammock to face me as I lay down myself. 

"Goodnight, Newt." Her voice was barely a whisper. 

"Goodnight." I looked up at the trees above me, listening for her breathing to slow before I closed my own eyes. 

~

 I was in a dark room. It took me blinking my eyes a few times to realize I really needed to use the bathroom. I swung my feet over the bedside, stumbling as my feet hit the floor. Outside my door I heard voices. Forgetting momentarily that I needed to use the bathroom, I stepped closer to the door, listening as the voices grew closer. 

"...didn't make it." 

"How?"  The second voice was a woman. Her whisper was more quiet, but I could hear the confusion in her tone. 

"She was too fragile, especially for the surgery." The voices passed by the door and I took a step back. 

"That's too bad, especially since the she was..." The voices trailed off as I backed further from the door. All my mind could compute was someone was dead. I turned, facing the second bed in the room. I stepped forward, ready to tell who was in the bed, but I paused, seeing her shut eyes as she was facing my bed. The girl was (y/n), younger, but still (y/n). I sighed through my nose, turned to the bathroom. I grasped the doorknob and opened the door. 

"Newt! Newt! No!" A girl was struggling as two men held her. I moved to get up, but a woman in a white suit stopped me. 

"You know she must do this alone, for you to be a team you must trust her, trust us." I blinked at the woman, pausing for a moment, then pushing past her for the door. (y/n) screamed down the hallway.

"You're hurting her! Stop it!" I pushed out the door. The men were carrying (y/n) still, but  now her head was slumped and her (h/c) hair fell over her face. A hand grabbed my arm, but I yanked myself away, seeing two guards behind me. I turned, running from them for (y/n). One of the guards tackled me, slamming us both to the ground. My eyesight blurred as I watched (y/n) be carried away. 

"Let (y/n) go! Please!" I struggled in the guard's hold as the second one came to my side. I heard a door open, saw them carry (y/n) through. 

"I told you, Newt. She has to do this alone, to prove her strength. You need to trust her." The guards hauled me up, having me face the woman. 

"I trust her completely. It is you I don't trust. You knock her out, for what? For-" A crash came from the room (y/n) was brought into. I looked in that direction, fighting out of the guards hold and to the door. I yanked on it, hard, but it wouldn't open. Something slammed into the door, making me jump back. I looked through the window beside the door. 

"Don't touch him, he can't get in." I looked up briefly to see the guards step back from me at the woman's command, then I looked back through the window. (y/n) held a needle in hand, standing over one of the guards who had a hold on her earlier. The other guard came behind her, but she turned quickly, pushing the needle in a small exposure in his suit. She pushed down, injecting what was left into the second guard, then she pushed the guard away from her.