Three

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

"How's the new Greenie?" Minho asked as I pulled another weed out of the ground. 

"He's fine. He's like everyone else when they came up. No memories, and currently no name." I replied, glancing to Minho.  He was leaning against one of the garden fences. His clothes were dirty from building with Gally, and assumingly some of the others. 

"He seems to trust you more than us." Minho noted, a small smile on his lips. I shrugged, looking back down at the weeds and pulling out another one.

"Well, he is more hesitant, yes." I wiped the sweat of my forehead. "But, keep in mind, I don't look at him like he's my next meal. Seriously, you guys want him to like you, but all you did was stare him down." Ben chuckled from where he was pulling weeds. I grabbed at another weed, pulling hard on it. Minho stayed, watching us. 

"What's up with his weird voice too? Is it like a speech thing?" I scoffed, turning to glare at Minho. He returned the look with a cheeky smile. 

"Really? It's just how he is." I replied, my voice a little harsher than I meant for it to be. 

"Y'know, you're really defensive over a boy you just met." I huffed at Minho's comment, knowing he wasn't meaning any harm. So I continued weeding, listening to Ben's humming as we went along. 

"Are you going to be there tonight?" Minho questioned, breaking the silence. I gave a feeble shrug. 

"I'll be there for a bit." I answered. The weed I had come across was stuck, and I pulled harder at it. When it finally came free, I fell back, the plant still in my grip. 

"You've never stayed a full celebration since Gally's." Minho complained. I found myself shrugging again as I collected what I had pulled. 

"And you know why." I retorted as I stood, carrying the weeds to the bucket off to the side and dumping them in. In the distance I could see Alby leading the Greenie towards the garden. 

"The fight circle is just for fun, (y/n). No one gets hurt." Minho argued as he followed me to the water pump. I shoved off my gloves and then washed my hands under the water. Ben was quick to copy my actions. 

"Well, not entirely true. I got hurt." Ben objected. Minho turned to him, sending him a look as he tossed his arms out to the side. In the distance a bell rang, signalling the end of our work day. 

"I'll see you shanks at dinner!" I called back to them as I started to walk to Alby and the Greenie.

"Hey." I smiled as both boys gave their own greeting. I trailed my eyes over the Greenie briefly before looking to Alby.

"I was going to have you start teaching him jobs, but I didn't realize how late it had gotten." Alby told me and I nodded. 

"I can do that tomorrow." I said, glancing to the Greenie again. Something was still familiar about the Greenie as he stood there, arms crossed. He looked away from me, back to the garden. "I can take him back to the hammocks until dinner so you can get back to leader duties." I offered and Alby huffed a laugh.

"As if I have many at this hour, but sure, you can take him to the hammocks. Just let him settle down before dinner. He has had to learn a lot of information in a matter of hours. Some time to process may do him good." Alby replied and I nodded. I began to lead the Greenie away, then I turned back to Alby. 

 "By the way, you should probably talk to Minho about tomorrow. He doesn't want to be a Builder forever." Alby nodded, looking around, then he began to walk in the opposite direction, where Minho and Ben were walking away. I started for the hammocks again, listening to the Greenie's steps as he followed behind me.