Six

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

"C'mon (y/n)! You should already be up." I opened my eyes and looked over at Minho. His eyebrows furrowed.

"What's the matter?" I slowly sat up, swinging my feet over the edge of the hammock. 

"I'm fine." Minho's eyes widened. 

"They started again... I heard you last night but I thought that was just..." Minho trailed off as I stood. 

"I'm fine."

"Maybe you should take the day-" I glared at Minho, making him take a step back. With his step he stumbled on a tree root, yet caught himself. Unlucky for Newt, however, Minho hit the hammock and the hammock flipped, dumping Newt on the ground. 

"Bloody hell! Can't you find a nicer way to wake me up?" I went to Newt, helping him up, then I brushed the grass from last night out of his hair as he brushed the dirt from his clothes. Newt looked up at Minho, who smiled sheepishly at him.

"It's nicer than how (y/n) used to wake me up her first month here." 

"What? How'd she do that?" 

"Well she-" I glared at Minho again, causing him to stop talking. 

"It's nothing, Newt." I said as I finished getting the grass out of his hair. Newt looked at me, as Minho began to leave. 

"Did you sleep better last night?" I shrugged. 

"A bit."

"How much sleep did you get last night?" I shrugged in reply. 

"Enough to get through the day." Newt frowned at me, grabbing at my hand when I went to turn away. 

"Do you usually get nightmares like you did last night?" Newt's eyes searched my own and I looked down. The breakfast bell rang and I gently pulled my hand from Newt's. 

"Why don't we go eat?" Newt stopped me again.

"Newt, I promise, I'm fine." His own voice from my dream echoed mine. It'll all be okay, (y/n). I promise. Newt looked down at me for a moment, searching my face, then he let my arm go.

"Let's go eat."

~

I sat at a table with Ben and Newt. Ben was across from me and Newt was beside me. I barely touched my breakfast, still thinking of my mother, the soldier, Ben, Newt.

"(y/n)?" Newt's voice was soft. When I looked up, I found Newt and Ben were both staring at me. 

"I know that look, (y/n). You had more dreams." Ben's voice was quiet, but Newt still picked up on it. 

"What are you guys talking about?" Ben looked at me, a frown appearing on his lips. 

"I'm fine. Just thinking." Newt looked ready to object, but Alby stood on the same table he did last night, asking for our attention. We all looked to him.

"Today are our try outs to be a Runner. I don't expect all of you to volunteer, as some of you enjoy the current jobs you have, but out of those who try out, three will be the starting Runner number of those who are chosen. Those who wish to try out, please stand." I saw Minho stand at another table. Beside me, Newt also stood. Ben looked at me, then Newt, and he stood as well. Only the three of them stood for a few moments, then Gally stood as well. 

"Try outs will consist of several tests, as for Runners you have to be smart and fast, as we don't know what are beyond those walls and you always have to be back before dark. We can't have anyone stuck beyond those walls at nightfall. The rest of you will continue with your normal jobs as usual. Everything starts after you finish eating." Alby hopped off the table and Ben, Newt, Minho, and Gally all sat down. I split half of what food I had left between Newt and Ben. Before they could object I gave them pointed looks.