Chapter 8

Dark cold night, empty old road in the middle of nowhere, tires squealing in the distance, and the faded sound of a car approaching in high-speed. Where am I? What is this place? Your eyes traced the white lines of the road to the depths of the night where the sound -that only became louder- came from. The sudden light coming from the headlights of a car hurt your eyes. You moved your hand in front of them, trying to block it as you tried to take a sneak at the people inside. But it was worthless. The car was moving so fast that you couldn't even open your eyes before it passed you. A few more meters down the road it came to a standstill under the bright red color of the traffic light.

"What's the purpose of going so fast if you're going to stop at a traffic light?" You scoffed and shook your head. With hands in the pockets of your jacket you started walking towards the car. Looking at it made you feel strange. It felt familiar in some way but you could not figure out how or why. So you kept moving your feet at a steady pace. As you got closer, you saw there were two persons inside. One more step and you saw it; a truck heading towards the car at full speed. Oh shit!!

"GET OUT! GET OUT NOW!" You were running so fast it was difficult to breathe. By the time you got there, the car was already a wreck, thrown in the middle of a field. Oh God. Please be alive. Please!

You kneeled in front of the driver's side door and looked inside. There was no one on that seat. Only blood everywhere. Your heart was beating so fast and strong you felt it in your ears. You stretched lower, trying to get a glimpse of the other passenger. It was a young girl with long hair and a white T-shirt that now was soaked in her blood. Her head was facing the other way so you could not see her clearly. The sparkling small ring on her finger caught your attention. It was so beautiful and yet again it gave you a strange, bitter feeling.

"Hey! Are you ok?" You reached your hand towards hers.

The girl coughed and started to turn her head slowly towards you. She was badly injured, her whole face painted red.

"Oh, thank God, you're alive. I'm going to call for help, please stay with me, ok?"

You were about to get out when she grabbed your hand and weakly pulled you closer.

"Save....him." Her voice was almost a whisper.

You were confused. Who were you to save? You two were the only ones there. You took a closer look at her and froze. You could not believe what you were seeing. It was you. The girl whose face was covered in blood was you.

"Save him, please."

Your mind went blank and you pushed yourself out of the car. You started shaking in terror. What was that? Where were you? That was clearly not happening. You looked back down at the bloody shards of glass. You freaked out even more when the voice of a man calling your name filled the air.

"Y/N? Y/N..."

You looked all around like a crazy person. This is not happening. This is not real, you thought as you shut your eyes tightly and covered your ears. The touch of someone made you snap your eyes open again and scream in fear.

"It's ok, Y/N. I am here! Stop kicking, it's me! Y/N!! Come to your senses."

You took a look around. A big room with clothes thrown everywhere, some posters with girls hanging on the walls, black satin sheets that covered a king sized bed, the warm sunlight that came from the window behind you, and the annoyed face of Taehyung were the only things you saw. His fingers left traces on your arms from how hard he had grabbed them in an attempt to make you calm down.