Chapter 9

"Y/N! Where is she? Tell me! Hyung!"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Calm down. You need to get better first."

"No! I need to see her. Y/N!!!"

Namjoon could hear Jungkook's screams from the hallway. He was leaning against the wall, looking down and seemed to be deep in thought. It has been a while since the boy woke up and every single day he would scream your name. There were times when he would become aggressive, pulling his lines out, jumping out of bed, screaming and throwing things at Jin who had to take care of him. In a few words: he was a mess. One Namjoon had to figure out how to stop. He had to make sure of two things: one, Jungkook would not find out that he was the one behind his accident, but would put the blame on Yoongi instead, and two, Jungkook was not to leave the group. He was thinking about how Jungkook would react to the news of Y/N's death caused by Yoongi. It could motivate the kid to get back to work even more than before. All the rage he could keep bottled inside could turn out to be the best weapon in fighting Yoongi.

"I am tired of this! Go in there and do something!" Jin was clearly done with everything.

"I was thinking about doing that. But first we need to come up with the story."

"What story? What are you going to do now, Namjoon?"

"Just listen. We're going to tell him exactly how things happened back then. Yoongi was after him, he was the one who orchestrated the whole accident thingy. You got there as fast as you could and got him out just before the car caught fire. You could not save the girl. End of story. I just want him back on track."

"That could work...But if he finds out the truth, you and I are both dead."

"That's why he won't find out. Nobody except you and me knows about this. I trust you'll keep your mouth shut."

"Do you think I'm crazy enough to do otherwise? The moment that phone rang that night I was already doomed. Just get in there and get it over with."

Namjoon patted Jin on the shoulder with a smirk on his face and entered the room. Jungkook was lying in bed staring down at his hands as tears formed at the corners of his eyes. He got close and took a seat next to him.

"How are you doing, kiddo? Heard you're quite the trouble lately. Still got that fire into you, huh?"

There was no response from the boy. It was like he was lost in his own world.

"Listen, kid, I know what happened that night."

Jungkook lifted up his eyes and looked at Namjoon. He seemed tired, he had dark circles around his red eyes, his face was pale, and lips were chapped.

"I know I shouldn't say this to you right now, but Jin is already tired of your screams, so I will tell you everything. That night we found out you were captured by Yoongi. Actually, I've been keeping my eyes on you ever since you left. I was worried this would happen. So I sent Jin with our boys to get you out, but I had no clue Yoongi was one step ahead. He paid some guy to run his truck into your car and make sure you would not come out alive. Thank God Jin was following you and got there before the car caught fire."

"And Y/N? Where is she? Tell me she's alright, hyung...."

Namjoon let out a big sigh and looked down at his feet. Jungkook had tears in his eyes and was shaking already.

"I'm sorry, kiddo...we could not save her. Jin barely dragged you out before the fire broke out. There was nothing he could do."

"No...no, this can't be happening. Hyung, why are you lying?" He laughed, but the tears started flowing endlessly. "Y/N...she's alive. She is here somewhere. Is she in coma too?"