Chapter 13

Having heard the commotion, Jimin was desperately looking for any sign of survivors. He tried to look through the thick smoke but it was impossible.

"What the fuck was that?! Is everyone safe? Answer me, damn it!!"

Silence. He was about to go down there to check by himself when he saw something coming out of the dark. It seemed to be two people. He took his rifle and looked through the lens. He saw you and Taehyung and sighed in relief. You had one arm around Taehyung's shoulders as one of his supported your waist, helping you walk. Your bodies were covered in black soot, but it was not enough to cover the bleeding cuts on your faces, arms and legs. You were coughing really bad, trying to clean your lungs. You have inhaled a bit of smoke and it felt like it was burning you inside. You needed to find a spot with fresh air.

"Thank God! Are you fucking stupid? If I ask something, answer for fuck's sake!"

"Were you that worried, Jiminnie?" Taehyung mocked him.

"Shut the fuck up! Look at you. You're stupid as fuck."

"Kiss my ass!" He laughed.

"I'd shoot your ass."

"Stop bitching and come here. I'm tired..."

Taehyung's legs gave up on him as soon as you reached a safe spot. You both collapsed to the ground on your backs. Your chests were rising in sync as you both took in as much air as possible.

"You ok?" Taehyung looked at you.

"I'm fine. Thank you...I would've died there."

"Now you owe me." He smiled.

"Seems like it." You started laughing softly but it was soon replaced by strong coughs.

A few moments later another shadow came out of the smoke, dragging something after it. You looked at it as it slowly became clearer. His face was covered with some cloth but you could tell it was Hoseok and he was pulling the man he just shot along the road. He passed right by you when Taehyung spoke.

"Hyung, aren't you going to ask us if we're alright?"

"Seeing how you're both laughing, you're clearly not ok. You must've hit your heads really hard." His face showed no emotion. If anything, he looked pissed.

Taehyung chuckled. He watched as the oldest struggled to push that man's body into the trunk of the car. Hoseok looked back at him with a judging face.

"Are you going to just sit there?"

He got up and went to help Hoseok, leaving your side. You pushed yourself into a sitting position. Your every bone hurt. You stretched your arms in front of you and examined them. There were cuts and bruises here and there and dark streams of blood running down to your fingers. Your feet were in the same condition. All you could remember was how Taehyung ran to you and then you felt his grip around your wrist and your body just started moving on its own at a fast pace before the blast knocked you down. It all happened so fast. That could have been your last memory. It had been a close call.

"You've been roasted pretty well, I see." Jimin laughed.

"Oh well, just a bit smoked."

"Here, let me help you."

He gave you his hand and pulled you up, giving enough support to make it easier for you to walk. You got into the backseat of the car and waited for the rest of them to finish with what they were doing. As soon as they did, you all returned home. The boys said they have to deal with that man first and that you should go ahead and take a shower. It took you a good hour to get rid of the dirt and smell. When you were about to enter Taehyung's room, he was going out.