Chapter 17

Your heart was beating fast. Where did he come from? Why was he so angry? You did not do anything to bother him, why all the fuss? You were afraid he found out about your plan and was about to ruin everything. Taehyung was not around, there was nobody to save you now. You saw his clenched jaw and almost cried in pain as your wrist was basically being smashed in his hand. Your eyes met his, and for a second time stopped. His dark pupils gave you chills. But they did not seem like a stranger's. What was that? He examined your face, his eyes widening in shock as your features reminded him of his lost love. Y/N? He could not believe it. This could not be real. He was hallucinating. He wanted to bring you closer, to take your mask off but it was too late. The whole room became pitch dark. That was your cue. As soon as you felt his grip loosen, you broke free, running towards the door.

"Y/N!" Your name escaped his lips but it got lost in between screams of panic.

He tried reaching for you but nobody was there anymore. The red emergency lights dimly lit up the room. He was about to run after you when the voice of his leader stopped him in his tracks.

"Jungkook-ah! Remember I told you this was going to be an interesting night? This is what I was talking about. Golden Pig has some diamonds hidden in this house. I'm pretty sure some guests know about them too and became greedy. He asked me to help him if something like this happens."

Jungkook kept looking around. People were storming out of the house. You were nowhere to be found.

"Jungkook-ah, are you listening? What's wrong? Did you see someone suspicious?"

"I thought I saw someone..." He murmured.

"What? Who?"

"Nevermind." He shook his head. He took his mask off before continuing. "Should we go find them, the ones about to steal the diamonds?"

"Come after me."

As the darkness took over the whole house, Taehyung made his way to the first floor. Having night vision glasses was of great help, all thanks to Yoongi. The guards were taken aback by the power outage, moving in circles, trying to find their way around. You have to take them down before the emergency lights come up. Yoongi's words came into his mind. He flashed a mischievous smile as he put his leather gloves on. There were only two by the door. Piece of cake. He sneaked behind them and injected them with some drug that knocked them out in seconds. He took the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door, slipping inside just before the red lights came up. Hoseok and Jimin were already there, working on the safe.

"How's it going?"

"I still need to find out the code. How much time do we have?" Jimin asked.

"How am I supposed to know?! Do you think we're in the movies? Move your ass faster, they can come anytime."

"I always wanted to say that." He laughed.

"Taehyung-ah, go by the door. I think I heard footsteps." Hoseok took out his gun.

"Fuck! You better finish fast." He whispered and moved into position, his back glued against the wall.

Jimin's heart was pumping hard as adrenaline took over his body. He needed a bit more time. Hoseok was focused on the sound of people coming towards the room, gun pointed at the door. His breathing became slower as they came closer. He saw the handle go down. They were here. The door was cracked open, two men making their way in. They could have shot them but that would make things worse as more would flood the room. Instead they had to knock them out just like the other two. Taehyung jumped on the back of one of them, his arm wrapping around his neck as Hoseok started fighting with the other. They were both skilled, judging by how well they blocked the hits. The one Taehyung got was strong and agile. He escaped his grip in no time. They were facing each other when Taehyung noticed just who exactly he was fighting with. He scoffed before talking.