Chapter 22

The feeling of his lips on yours made you travel to another time. A time when they did not feel so foreign, a time when they made your heart race just like now, a time when you craved them. You pushed him away and fell on your bottom as fragments of memories flooded your mind. Your wide eyes were lost, your parted lips were shaking. It was the same scene: blood covering his body, you stitching his wounds, the way he looked at you, his touch. Your eyes were getting watery.

"Y/N..." His voice dragged you back to reality.

"What are you doing?" Your voice was trembling.

"Baby..."

Your eyes widened once again. That voice, that word, the feeling that came with it, you knew them. Flashbacks were hitting you from everywhere. It was pure torture. Your hands flew to your head as pain started to settle in. Your breathing was irregular.

"I think this was a bad idea." You said while you took the rope from the floor and went to tie him back. He did not show any sign of opposition.

"You saw something...am I right?"

"I-I...no." You bit your lip as the lie came out.

"But you felt something."

You pulled the sides of the rope -as you tied him- a bit too hard without noticing. His cry made you stop.

"No."

"Stop doing this to yourself, Y/N..."

You gulped and went in front of him after you finished what you were doing.

"Stop what?" You quirked and eyebrow, faking some confidence. He scoffed.

"I know you are lying, Y/N...you can't hide it from me, baby...I know you too well." His tired smile left you speechless.

"How..." The words just came out.

"You know..."

A moment of silence passed as you looked deep into each-other's eyes. It was like you were communicating just like that. There was some sort of connection between you two and you could feel it. It was too strong to just ignore it.

"Were we..." You could not finish the sentence.

"Yes."

You were out of air. It felt as if time stopped. Another image came to your mind.

"So that's why we were together in the car..."

You turned around. Your eyes were fixed on the ground. You clenched your fists as you let everything sink in. You could only think about Taehyung. The hatred he had for Jungkook was not only about his betrayal, it was about you as well. It was actually fueled by you. You felt your chest tighten. Now everything made sense. Why he never wanted you to meet Jungkook, why he wanted him dead, why he hid the truth from you.

"So you did remember..." He chuckled. "Y/N...look at me."

You complied and, as soon as he saw your sorrowful expression, his smile faded.

"I missed you so much, baby..."

"Stop..." you whispered. "Please..." Your eyes were tightly shut. You now regretted going out of your room.

"Y/N, you need to get out of here...this is not where you belong."

"Stop acting like you know what is best for me! Stop acting like you know me!" Deep inside you feared he was speaking the truth.

"I'm not acting, Y/N..."

Your furrowed brows betrayed your emotions. You were overwhelmed by all of this. And out of all the feelings that tortured you, anger was the one you focused on. It was better than the pain you felt each time you thought of Taehyung, better than the confusion that filled your heart each time you looked Jungkook in the eye.

Oathजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें