f i r s t d a t e

As I finished curling my hair, I set down the wand down and finish my makeup by dusting blush lightly on my cheeks. All my friends say that with my green eyes and turquoise ombréd hair, I look like a mermaid. I smiled at the thought and pulled out my phone that vibrated from my pocket. It was Jack, the guy I was dressing up for.

Be around in 10 xx

Smiling to myself again, I put my phone back in my pocket. I was wearing a dress ( with pockets ) and black heeled boots. Usually I just wore sweatpants or leggings if I went out, I never normally wore dresses. Jack and I had been talking online for three weeks before we decided to meet up and go on a date.

I snapped out of my day dreams and looked out the window. It was starting to get darker, but the sun was still out, peaking behind some trees. I pulled out my camera and snapped a few photos of the sun and trees.

A few knocks at my door filled the quiet apartment and I grabbed my keys and purse and opened the door. Jack stood there, looking just as good as he does in the photos. The first thing I noticed was the bright smile he had on his face. I bit my lip to stop myself from staring too much and smiled back at him.

"You look beautiful," he said into my hair as we hugged. It was slightly awkward because I was shorter then him, but that didn't really matter. We walked out to his black mMercedes and he held the door open for me as I slid down into the leather seats.

The ride to the restaurant was silent apart from the occasional small talk. He asked about school, I said that senior year was stressful, I asked about his brother and friends, he said that we would all get on well and I should meet them, I agreed and we were in the parking lot.

"Reservation for Maynard," he told the man at the booth. He led us to a table and gave us menus. This place looked really expensive. Everyone here was dressed fancy, woman wearing elegant red dresses with pearls and gigantic wedding rings and men in tuxedos and expensive shoes. I felt underdressed.

The same man from earlier came over and we told him our orders. I tried to keep the food to a minimum. "You could've gotten more, I don't mind," he said holding my hand on the table.

I smiled weakly, "this place looks really expensive. I don't eat that much either."

The rest of the time we spent together, we told each other more then we said online and laughed at each others jokes, then eating our expensive food and holding each other's hand.

////

Personal for @thatobsessedfangirl1. Hope you enjoyed.