s t a r g a z i n g

tonight was my first date with this amazing guy named Jack. He had soft looking straw colored hair and extraordinary blue eyes you could get lost into. I certainly did. We had met a week ago, and he came up to me in a small coffee shop asking if I was meeting anyone and asked if he could join me. Of course I agreed and we set a date for tonight.

It was a cool January night, the clouds had disappeared from the dark sky, showing off all the beautiful stars gleaming in the dark sky.

"Do you mind telling me where we're going now?" I giggled, hand in hand with Jack. He looked at me and smiled.

"We're here now," he answered. I looked around, taking in the surroundings; we were on a small hill, with a great view of the brightly lit city. Tall trees were also surrounding, making whatever you have to say echo. There was a blanket laid out for us to sit upon, which got me wondering if someone like him planned this by himself. He seemed like a great guy, but he didn't really seem like the romantic type.

But despite that, I thought it was cute nonetheless. "It's amazing Jack. I really like it." I sat down on the blanket, but Jack laid down. I followed suit. I loved watching the clouds during the day but I'd always like the stars at night better.

"When I saw you at the coffee shop, you by the window staring at the clouds for a good hour or so," Jack whispered.

I could feel my cheeks burn and I smiled to myself. "You watched me for an hour?" He nodded shyly. "Jeez, don't you have anything better to do?" I said jokingly. He shrugged.

"I guess I could catch a train and watch a bunch of teenaged girls stare at their phones for longer then you looked out the window if you'd prefer?" I chuckled. I liked his sense of humor.

"No thanks. I'd rather you be here with me right now."