m e e t i n g

As I stepped out of the taxi, a gust of cold air rushed past sending goosebumps to form all over my bare skin. I shivered and walked up to the club entrance, showing the bouncer my ID and walking into the hot club. Music from the DJ was pumping and strobe lights were flashing and the smell of alcohol clung to every bit of fresh air there was.

It was my nineteenth birthday and I was supposed to be meeting a bunch of my friends but they didn't seem to be here. I looked around to try to see the familiar fire red hair my best friend Katie had.

"Beth!" Someone yelled. I twirled around to see Katie clutching a long glass with green liquid in one hand and her boyfriend Noah in the other. Katie awkwardly hugged me and yelled happy birthday over the music. Her boyfriend did the same and kissed my cheek. I never was the clubbing type, but I did go out on occasions. Katie looked me up and down, smirking at my clothing choice: a tight red dress that came down to my mid thigh and a black heeled boot. "You look hot!" She squealed.

"As do you. Is anyone else here yet?" I asked. Katie nodded and smiled, dragging me through crowds of people and up the stairs where the DJ booth was. About 5 more of my friends were here and there was a hot blonde that stood behind them all with a drink in one hand and his phone in another.

Everyone hugged and wished me a happy birthday, a few of them buying a round of shots for us all. After 3 shots I felt pretty loose and slightly drunk. Katie nudged me and flicked her eyes over to the hot blonde who was laughing and talking to another guy. I drank the last of my drink before walking towards him and smiling. He noticed me, because he looked in my eyes then ran a hand through his hair and smiled.

"I'm Jack," he announced. I giggled, feeling drunk and light headed.

"Beth," I said back. I couldn't bite my lip trying not to smile anymore, he was just so goddamn hot.

"So, what's a pretty lady like you doing at a club like this on a Saturday night?" Jack asked, slipping a hand around my waist. I looked down and smiled then looked back up to him. His face was inches away from mine, and I really wanted to kiss him. Like, really wanted to kiss him.

"It's my nineteenth and a bunch of my friends asked if I wanted free drinks all night, so who was I to say no?!" Jack laughed and nodded, his face getting closer to mine. I looked into his eyes, and he looked into mine.

Jack looked over to the large clock on the roof. It read 11:58pm in bold red. "So, Beth, in this club at eleven fifty-nine, everyone has to grab onto the closest person near them and kiss them. The time just has to be one minute early and we seem to be pretty close to each other." Ooh, smooth.

"Oh hey would you look at that!" I giggled. I looked up at the clock and Jack's lips smash into mine and he hold my hips. I sink into the kiss, wrapping my hands around his neck. The music was really loud but all I could focus on was the hot guy making out with me.

We pulled away, gasping for breath and laughing. "Hey, your a good kisser," he smirked. I bit my lip and smiled.

"So are you. Was that even real, the story about having to kiss someone you were closest to?" I asked.

"Not really, I just think your really pretty and I wanted to kiss you." Jack kissed my cheek again and I blushed.

////

Personal for @fanficlovee 💕 sorry if it was a bit long, I enjoyed making this chapter, hope you enjoyed reading it :))